Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Homeless Prevention Manager
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Manager of Homeless Prevention, the Manager is responsible for initiatives and projects that contribute to the reduction and prevention of homelessness in London through initiatives and projects under the primary service areas of: securing housing; housing with support; housing stability; emergency shelter diversion and community capacity building. Responsibilities include community enablement; developing and maintaining partnerships for program and service delivery; and providing liaisons between neighbourhoods, sectors and community services.
- Assess, plan, implement and manage specific strategies for community services and programs including evaluation via community involvement initiatives, joint ventures/partnerships, direct program delivery, and the coordination of effort by other service providers.
- Exercise management functions with agencies under contract through agreements including purchase of service agreements in a confidential capacity. Responsibilities can include:, participate in the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and coaching; participate in performance management and discipline; recommend on staffing issues including review and determine wages, schedules of work; attend management meetings to discuss confidential initiatives and strategies which may have labour relations implications.
- Prepare the fiscal project budget, and ensure budgetary control over all activities including confidential personnel expenditures.
- Track and monitor confidential information related to client records.
- Analyze, interpret and make recommendations regarding policy and political matters involving all orders of government related to homelessness, community services, and community collaboration.
- As part of a team, lead the design and development process for community services and programs.
- Authority to assign individual and team responsibilities with agencies under contract.
- Ensures the coordination of the directions and actions under the Community Plan on Homelessness and funding sources.
- Coordinate and manage special projects as identified through strategic and operational planning.
- Interpret and identify revisions to operational policies and procedures of services and programs including agencies under contract.
- Provide work direction to an administration assistant.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of risk management programs and safety procedures within area of responsibility.
- Prepare and manage operating budgets within area of responsibility.
- Prepare reports and/or presentations for consideration by the Senior Management Team, Councillors or Council Committees on matters related to community initiatives and ongoing program activities.
- Undertake special community and departmental projects as assigned.
- Represent the City/ Area on internal/external steering and advisory committees.
- Respond to emergency situations related to assigned responsibilities on an on-call basis.
- Provide liaison services between neighbourhood community organizations and the civic administration.
- Conduct and participate on related research and recommends systems, procedures and methodologies to maximize the use of resources.
- Maintain corporate standards of customer service and administrative procedures related to areas of responsibility.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements; identifies resources needed and assigns responsibilities for key tasks.
- Ensure program and project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Implement and recommend ideas for short and long term strategy development.
- Prepare and implement reports, policies, procedures, guidelines and training.
- Act as a resource to various committees and participates in community group meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
|| A graduate of a University or equivalent degree program in Social Science, Business or Public Administration or other related discipline.
Five years management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentations.
A comprehensives analysis of a Housing First approach when responding to individuals and families experiencing homelessness including addictions, mental illness and trauma.
Current First Aid Certificate; Current CPR Certificate; Class G Drivers License.
Provide own vehicle.
Operate computer terminal and personal computer with appropriate packages.
||$66,168 - $89,203
||This posting is for two positions.
||Please Upload Your Transcripts With Your Application (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.