Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Development & Compliance/Building
|Posting Closed Date
||Co-op Student - Architectural Technology
||Student - Co-Op
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Plans Examination and working with Plan Examiners, the student will be responsible for:
- Assisting Plan Examiners with the review of construction plans for compliance with the Ontario Building Code
- Assisting Manager and other staff with compiling data, reports, statistics and other administrative duties
- Maintaining technical library information
- Reviewing records to retrieve private sewer information
- Periodically attending construction sites with a building inspector
Must be enrolled full time in a Architectural Technology Co-op program at a recognized college where this term of employment would be a viable Co-op placement.
- Some experience with residential construction
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook) and AutoCAD experience
1st or 2nd Co-op Work Term Preferred
For the period of: May 2013 to August 2013
Hours/Week: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m./Monday to Friday
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to bring their portfolios to review with the interview panel.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Services/Background_Checks/Basic_background_check.htm
- Documentation confirming the applicant is enrolled in a recognized Community College Architectural Technology Co-op program.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.