Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation/Aquatics
|Posting Closed Date
||Aquatics - Summer Wading Pool Lifeguard
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of the Pool Manager or Assistant Pool Manager, Wading Pool Lifeguards will be responsible for supervising the pool participants and operating a safe facility.
- To have at all times current: Standard First Aid w/ CPR C, Bronze Cross or higher, Red Cross Assistant Water Safety Instructor or higher, Vulnerable Persons Police Screening.
- To be knowledgeable of, and to enforce, all City of London Policies and other relevant legislation, including but not limited to health regulations, cash handling, computer and telephone usage, etc.
- To promote public water safety education and to be involved in Water Smart events.
- To be directly accountable for the activities and programs at his/her pool.
- To assist in the promotion and advertising of programs and activities under the direction of the Assistant Pool Manager.
- To work no more than 40 hours per week or 8 hours per day and to adhere to the Employment Standards Act.
- To be actively involved in programming taking place in the facility.
- To supervise the public using the wading pool during regular operating hours
- To clean the wading pool prior to filling.
- To record and submit in a timely manner neat and accurate documentation including but not limited to: bather load and chemical logs, incident and accident reports, etc.
- To conduct and organize daily games and activities as well as weekly special event days.
- To supervise the pool until it is completely drained of water.
- To be responsible for completing a time sheet neatly and accurately.
- To attend and participate in all pre-season and in-service trainings.
- To address, and report to management, all disciplinary issues involving the public or staff.
- To be a representative of the City of London and maintain a professional image at all times.
- To be in uniform at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be 16 years of age by July 1, 2013.
Duration and hours may vary depending on length of season and daily weather conditions.
must apply online (www.london.ca/mycareer
) with a resume, cover letter and required qualifications.
All qualifications required for the position must be included with the application. Copies of permanent cards are preferred however temporary cards that are within 3 months of the certification date are acceptable. If you have not yet taken the required course but will be certified before summer, please provide proof of enrolment in the course. i.e. receipt.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) - all successful applicants will be required to obtain this check prior to starting employment however it is not required at the time of interview. Staff will not be permitted to work without this document.
who submitted a PVSC in summer 2012 or after may be required to fill out an Offence Declaration form. This will be indicated in your offer of employment. Electronic copies of this form can be found at www.london.ca/mycareer
under the ‘Notices’ section on the right-hand side. If a PVSC was not submitted since summer 2011, you will be required to submit a new one conducted in the past six (6) months. It can take up to 2 months to complete this process so please plan accordingly.
Please name uploaded documents (resume, etc.) starting with Last Name, then First Name.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.