Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Facilities Technologist - Mechanical/Electrical
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to a Manager or designate. Prepares and administers Capital Works Projects within the jurisdiction of the Facilities Division, including various Boards and Commissions. Recommends selection of Architects, Consultants and Contractors. Administers and monitors design and construction, contract documents, project budgets, schedules and project performance with emphasis in the Mechanical/Electrical disciplines.
- Serves as the Project Manager for capital works, renovations, and major maintenance projects including contract administration, budget control, scheduling, regulatory code compliance and preparation of payment certificates.
- Acts as the designated competent person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act on construction projects and assumes project supervisory responsibilities on a frequent basis.
- Prepares conceptual, presentation, and final contract drawings by hand and/or using AutoCad; general requirements and technical specifications using National Master Specifications.
- Reviews and approves construction documents, coordinates and ensures compliance with the City of London Facility Accessibility Design Standards.
- Reviews and approves equivalent facilitation proposals on an individual basis as they relate to the City of London Facility Accessibility Design Standards.
- Assesses, reviews, designs and implements solutions for ergonomic issues in the workplace.
- Prepares tenders issued by Facilities Design & Construction and provides technical specifications for inclusion in Requests for Quotations and Tenders issued by Purchasing & Supply.
- Arranges and attends meetings with other Service Area staff, developers, consultants, contractors, individuals, and other agencies to plan, discuss and coordinate projects on behalf of the Division/Department as required.
- Reviews the work performed by Architects/Consultants completing projects in respect to identified needs and regulatory code requirements.
- Maintains a current understanding of changes to and applies regulatory codes requirements related to construction projects.
- Prepares reports for review by the Division Manager, various Committees of Council, and other committees.
- Liaises with administrators and consultants and has significant exposure to the public.
- Reviews and recommends acceptance of various technical studies, computer analyses, designs, drawings and proposals submitted by consultants, developers, contractors and others for approval by the Division.
- Assists in the development of the Capital program and prepares project estimates.
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of the policies, standards, methods, and procedures of the Division/Department to consultants, developers, contractors, agents, lawyers, members of the public, and to other divisions, departments, government bodies and outside agencies.
- Recommends for approval, payment certificates, consultants fees and invoices for work progress to date.
- Prepares, reviews, evaluates and recommends building design programs and Request for Proposals. Participates in the presentation and discussion of issues at public meetings and various subcommittees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Three year Community College Diploma Mechanical or Electrical Technology.
||Four to five years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCad, wordprocessing, spreadsheets and various software.
Valid Driver's Licence-Class G.
Demonstrated ability in project management.
Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Regulatory Codes and Design Standards (i.e. OBC, ASHRAE, OESC, OHSA, CCDC) and City of London Facility Accessibilities Design Standards.
||$48,021 to $69,776
||This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to 2 years.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.