Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Supervisor I, Recreation Services
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Services, and as part of a Team, the Supervisor I, Recreation Services is responsible for community enablement, initiatives and projects that contribute to healthy community development and identifying and implementing activities at the neighbourhood level within a defined geographic sector of the city particularly but not exclusively from the recreational and leisure opportunities perspective. The role involves community initiative consulting and support; arranging and maintaining partnerships for service delivery; providing liaisons between neighbourhoods and the various resources of the Civic Administration; and direct recreation program delivery.
- Assess, plan, implement and manage specific strategies for community enablement and for recreation and parks related service delivery in an assigned geographical sector of the city via community involvement initiatives, joint ventures/partnerships, direct program delivery, and the coordination of effort by other service providers.
- Provide liaison services between neighbourhood community organizations and the civic administration on recreation and related matters.
- Maintain corporate standards of customer service and administrative procedures related to areas of responsibility.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, coach/counsel, evaluate and recommend on termination of casual staff and volunteers.
- Provide work direction to an administration assistant.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of risk management programs and safety procedures within area of responsibility.
- Prepares and manages operating budgets within area of responsibility.
- Recommends to Area Manager on recreation or parks related capital budget needs in assigned geographic sector.
- Prepares reports and/or presentations for consideration by the Divisional Senior Management Team, Ward Councillors or Council Committees on matters related to community initiatives and ongoing program activities within assigned geographic sector.
- Undertakes special community and divisional projects as assigned.
- Represents the Area/Division on internal/external committees.
- Responds to emergency situations related to assigned responsibilities on an on-call basis.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- A University degree or Community College diploma in Recreation or related field.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
skillis and abilities in the following areas are neccessary:
- Five years previous management experience.
- Current First Aid Certificate; Current CPR Certificate; Class G Drivers license.
- Proven leadership abilities demonstrating a capacity to support staff and services in a dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility with a high level of initiative and self direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Operate computer terminal and personal computer with appropriate packages.
||$58,033 - $78,235
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a police vulnerable sector check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.