|Reports to [Title]
||Director, Personal Banking Services
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
As one of our valued Alterna team members, are you looking for an opportunity to move up, move ahead and embark on a new and exciting challenge? This new opportunity may be right for you…
Scope of Position
The Branch Manager provides overall leadership in the achievement of team sales objectives and related activities to achieve a high standard of operational effectiveness, superior member/client experiences and optimal sales performance (including new business acquisition and retention). This position is responsible for the achievement of high impact service delivery across all roles within the assigned branch, building effective relationships with sales and service partners to ensure that superior member/client care is delivered.
Through ongoing coaching and development, the Branch Manager develops and implements strategies to maximize employee capability and engagement. This role also fosters a high performance sales culture, implementing strategies and change initiatives that contribute to the achievement of established branch targets and ultimately the organization’s strategic goals.
- Develops, manages and fosters a high-performance sales culture that maximizes growth and promotes credit and service quality
- Creates an engaging environment that aligns with Alterna’s values, while encouraging and guiding employees to realize their maximum potential
- Coaches, mentors and develops staff through clearly defined and measurable goals, establishing expectations to ensure sales targets are met
- Evaluates the market for current industry trends, potential growth and uses this information to build tactical sales activities that will help achieve branch goals
- Translates the organization’s quarterly goals and objectives into effective strategies and performance targets for their assigned team
- Oversees the branch operations ensuring that goals are being met and reports regularly on progress toward sales and business development plans
- Accountable for resolving complex problems related to member satisfaction to ensure the needs of the member, staff and credit union are met
- Ensures the adherence of internal controls, timely reporting and accurate internal audit processes, while maintaining balance between effective risk management and efficient, effective member/client service
- Promotes and communicates Alterna’s vision, values and strategic objectives to employees in a way that builds understanding and commitment
- Establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance to identify gaps in development or capability and implements strategies to address the gaps
- Through workforce alignment strategies, recruits, assesses and selects employees that meet the highest standards of competency
- Understands and demonstrates support for Alterna’s commitment to corporate social responsibility while establishing networks within the community to develop recognition of the Alterna brand
- Post-secondary degree or diploma and 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completed, enrolled or willing to enroll in CSC or IFIC required
- PFP or CFP is an asset
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of sales disciplines and a demonstrated ability to motivate and coach a diverse team to achieve sales results
- Advanced knowledge of credit and investment products, legislation, regulations and policies
- Solid knowledge of credit union products, services, philosophies and principles
Key Skills and Competencies
- Achievement orientation with a proven ability to sustain results
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable effective interaction with teams, colleagues and members
- Ability to lead, implement and promote change initiatives
- Demonstrates leadership that creates a positive team atmosphere and productive work environment
- Superior organization and planning skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Comfortable using various computer applications
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.