||Member Service Representative
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Member Service Representative (MSR) provides professional and efficient service to members/clients utilizing sound knowledge of Alterna products and services to fulfill their transactional needs and provide an excellent member/client experience.
This role quickly develops a rapport with members/clients and proactively identifies their needs, promotes Alterna products and services and refers members/clients to the appropriate internal partner based on the complexity of their requirements, while ensuring compliance and adherence to operational policies and procedures.
As part of ongoing development this role will require that you be flexible to assist in others areas of the branch, as required, with greeting and directing members as well as opening new accounts and dealing with general inquiries regarding our products and services.
- Responds to member/client needs by delivery of friendly, efficient service and accurately processing various financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders, transfers or foreign currency exchange.
- Resolves member/client issues at first point of contact where possible and refers to senior internal officers based on the complexity of the situation.
- Strives to create a positive member/client experience through each interaction and looks for ways to continuously improve the overall member/client branch experience.
- Maintains a strong level of knowledge with respect to Alterna Savings’ products, services, sales disciplines and current marketing campaign programs/strategies.
- Actively participates in all sales disciplines (i.e., high five goals, side-by-side coaching, quarterly sales cycle training) and participates in branch campaign initiatives.
- Utilizes quarterly learning to adapt strategies and increase results.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to operational policies, procedures, objectives and Code of Business Conduct.
- Actively collects applicable fees and revenues, contributing to branch financial goals.
- Finds solutions to enhance the member/client experience and minimize factors that may negatively impact the member/client experience.
- Actively participates in setting individual sales and referral targets, goal setting and regular coaching sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Post-secondary education preferred or an equivalent level of experience and education.
- Previous experience in a sales role, including cash is preferred.
- Previous Teller experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Excellent oral and good written communication skills that enable effective interaction with coworkers and members/clients.
- Ability to utilize professional and tactful interpersonal skills to facilitate resolution and solutions to member/client issues or concerns.
- Mathematical reasoning to accomplish tasks such as balancing, determining percentages and ratios, is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Service leadership that creates a positive team atmosphere and productive work environment.
- Motivation to seek developmental opportunities ensuring complete understanding of Alterna Savings’ products, services and strategic goals.
- Working knowledge of various Windows-based computer applications such as e-mail and Internet navigation; knowledge of word
- Flexibility to embrace change in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Member/Client Centricity-Sustains member relations.
- Continuous Learning & Agility-Self assesses and monitors oneself to maintain personal effectiveness.
- Teamwork-Contributes positively as a team member.
- Achievement Orientation-Consistently meets work expectations.
- Adaptability-Recognizes how change will affect work.
- Impact & Influence-Uses facts and available information to persuade.
- Initiative-Addresses current issues.
- Sales Process-Applies Alterna’s sales principles.
- Professional/Technical Expertise-Demonstrates working knowledge as relates to the job’s role.
At Alterna Savings, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.