||Contact Centre Department
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The TeleService Officer adheres to predetermined service standards and provides prompt, courteous service to Alterna Savings members and Alterna Bank clients. A successful incumbent consistently provides accurate information and safeguards member/client information. Possessing a superior level of product knowledge, member service and cross-selling skills the TeleService Officer consistently demonstrates these qualifications through high quality interactions with members/clients.
The TeleService Officer must have a sincere desire to provide optimum service and solutions for members/clients through resourceful thinking and the ability to respond to change on short notice. Cheerful dispositions combined with the stamina to work in a fast paced environment are key qualities of the successful candidate.
- Provide information of a general nature including hours of operation, locations, etc.;
- Provide information of a specific nature (releasing account information to members/clients after obtaining sufficient identification);
- Provide information on proprietary and third party product/service offerings and channels;
- Respond to members/clients Internet inquiries;
- Respond to members/clients on the Hearing Impaired device;
- Respond to specific inquiries about Alterna Savings activities, e.g. promotional campaigns, educational seminars, annual meeting, product/service changes, etc.;
- Process a wide range of transactions within authority/role including transfers, establishing new and renewing term deposits; additional RRSP/RRIF deposits, manual payments of lines of credit, loans, and mortgages; ABM Cards; Stop payments, etc.;
- Respond to inquiries on both personal and business accounts;
- Exercise judgment to authorize member overdrafts and/or ABM card limits within designated authority;
- Complete credit applications via the telephone;
- Solve members’/clients’ account problems within the scope of authority;
- Exercise judgment by referring to appropriate employee in a timely and professional manner when the situation exceeds their authority or cannot be resolved with the information at hand;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Actively participates in meetings and coaching sessions;
- Participate in achieving corporate goals through outgoing telemarketing calls; cross selling and making qualified referrals to specialized sales force and/or strategic partners.
- Call center related work (inbound/outbound experience)
- 3 to 5 years experience in a member service role in a financial institution
- Solid knowledge of Banking Products
- Successful completion of a recognized lending course (to be attained within first year as a TeleService officer)
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of products, services and delivery channels
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to convey information to the audience in question (existing client; potential purchaser of service, new client, etc.)
- Proven ability in sales and service
- High level of proficiency with and ability to effectively learn, computer programs
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Ability to overcome objections and work under extreme pressure (high volume; flexible work days and hours etc.)
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Superior problem solving
At Alterna Savings, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.