||Mobile Banking Specialist
||Please note this position requires bilingualism in English and French.
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Mobile Banking Specialist position offers a unique opportunity for an independent, highly motivated and results driven individual. You will be tasked with securing investment and residential mortgage business for Alterna Bank through your diverse network of external contacts while creating strong customer relationships for referral to our Alterna Branch network. Your banking development initiatives will target referrals from realtors, home builders, financial planners, and other centers of influence in the community. You will work closely with the Regional Manager and stakeholders to development and implement your own annual business plan to meet your monthly sales targets. You will be compensated by our company total rewards program including a competitive variable compensation program.
- Proactively build solid working partnerships with branch teams and support departments to facilitate the transition of new business to Alterna Bank
- Provide seamless banking, investment, credit and insurance services to clients by making referrals to other internal experts when appropriate
- Prepare business cases to Identify, analyse and target new client groups to meet and surpass your goals
- Meet with clients to assist them in achieving their financial goals through promotion of Alterna Bank investment and credit products and services
- Develop relationship with centres of influence in the community and maintain existing relationships to develop a large referral network
- Conduct regular information sessions/seminars
- Attend local business events to promote Alterna in the community
- Bilingual English & French Mandatory
- Post secondary education combined with 5 years related experience in a financial institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum 3 years credit experience including the analysis, approving and/or recommending of credit
- Proven track record in sales and relationship building
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will be required to travel between assigned territory branches and to meet at offsite locations with members/clients as necessary
- Flexibility to work variable hours including evenings and weekends
- Extensive knowledge of processing/procedures of complex products including deposits, investments, loans and mortgages
- Detailed knowledge of and ability to demonstrate sales management techniques
- Sound knowledge of various computer applications including Excel, Word etc.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Evaluates and adapts service delivery to promote excellence
- Continuous learning and ability to improve and maintain personal effectiveness in a highly demanding, fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills to systematically identify, analyze and resolve complex member issues/problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
- Foster and promote teamwork
- Continually improves personal performance
- Adapts to significant, complex and/or frequent changes
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve
- Influences through linking with other related initiatives
- Seizes upon opportunities to enhance and advance organizational goals
- Creates and fosters Alterna’s sales culture
- Demonstrates expert knowledge as relates to the job’s role
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.