||Records Management Department
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Records Representative performs a number of activities related to storage and retrieval of records and responding to requests for information from internal and external clients.
- Actively manage incoming and outgoing files
- Participate in the clean-up of legacy records and files
- Manage incoming and outgoing boxes (weighing up to 22kg)
- Respond to incoming service requests and escalate to management when appropriate
- Participate in Records Management projects
- Provide timely reports to management and team members on tasks, initiatives, and projects
- Manage role-related records tasks
- Post-secondary education in a field related to the position, such as Records Management or Information Management and/or equivalent related work experience
- Knowledge of Alterna files and documents would be an asset
Key Skills and Competencies
- Intermediate technical computer skills with Microsoft Office suite software
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic document and records management systems and tools (e.g., Tab Fusion RMS, Tab Quick, Access Databases) is a definite asset
- Ability to seek information by asking questions to clarify requests and provide relevant and appropriate records to clients
- Demonstrate attention to detail at all times
- Ability to multi task and ensure quality control
- Ability to understand internal staff concerns and take personal responsibility for responding to requests in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal clients to support operational objectives
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.