Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Manager of Compliance and Operations – Wealth Management, the Advisor Assistant will be responsible for providing day-to-day support services to the Wealth Management sales force in various platforms or systems. Responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of client meetings, transaction documentation, and participating in campaigns or special projects in order to allow the advisors the opportunity to maximize time efficiency and productivity to develop wealth creation strategies for clients and gain new business and revenue.
The incumbent will be committed to some continuing education and keep current with related industry issues to better support the advisors. The Advisor Assistant will hold a current MFDA license and must familiar with Privacy laws and industry regulations and abide by the applicable rules and regulations at all times.
- Follow up with mutual fund companies for problem resolutions on behalf of investment specialists/advisors and clients
- Answer general client enquiries, resolve client issues and follow up
- Call clients to book or confirm appointments
- Assist with client meeting preparation and form completion
- Tracking/Managing transfer of assets from other financial institutions
- Assist in inputting information on systems and training when necessary for the investment specialists
- Proactively contacting clients in Wealth Management initiatives (ie Transition updates)
- Ensuring adequate quantities of Qtrade marketing material
- Uncover support needs of investment specialists, discuss with Manager and team-members and participate with its implementation
- Prepare sales reports
- Manage Database of existing clients for Advisors
- Print client reports and prepare client contact letters
- Assist in managing the Advisors’ calendar/schedules
- Provide support to the Wealth Management Sales team with regards to the planning software (answer questions/provide solution)
- Compose letters and memos on behalf of Advisors
- Assist / co-ordinate in mass mailing campaigns
- Assist with seminar preparation and arrange facilities and equipment as appropriate
- Assist with preparation for training material, room and equipment coordinating
- Keep Manager & other team members apprised of day to day operational issues/concerns and work together to resolve and improve process
- Participate in developing campaigns or project initiatives to create wealth for clients and Alterna
- Provide Back Up Support when need for the Wealth Management Admin Supervisor
- Other duties as required
Education / Certification / Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous mutual fund sales and/ support assistant experience an asset
Knowledge / Skills
- Good knowledge of various computer applications such as Excel and Word
- Strong knowledge of planning software
- Basic understanding of mutual funds, securities market and insurance
- Proficiency in systems use and transaction procedures
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Takes initiatives to implement or improve processes
- Ability to work with competing priorities
- Understand and adhere to applicable industry regulations and privacy laws
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.