||Credit Officer Business Development
||Business Development Department
|Reports to [Title]
||Manager Business Development Underwriting
||Please note this is a one year term position.
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Credit Officer receives, considers and formulates decisions on applications for conditional sales contracts, personal loans, and mortgages; directs administrative arrangements surrounding conditional sales contracts, personal loans and mortgages; recommends modifications to lending policies and procedures in response to new or changing circumstances; and performs other related duties.
The Credit Officer’s profile would include; a combination of business related experience including knowledge of mortgage brokerage industry, mortgage product knowledge and supporting insurance product knowledge, managing timelines and budgets.The Credit Officer would also have excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills. Must be an active communicator and possess strong teamwork skills.
- Receiving and underwriting in a timely manner all loans and mortgages referred to the Business Development Department from third party referral sources
- Corresponding with referral sources using Lender base, Filogix portal
- Maintains daily records of loans and mortgages for both internal and regulatory purposes
- Assists Business Development Officers in maintaining successful relationships with third party referral sources by providing accurate and time efficient underwriting
- Post-secondary education and related experience in a financial institution
- Experience in a member service-related position at Alterna Savings or at another financial institution
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail credit granting of mortgages, loans and line of credits
- Small business lending experience
- Experience with third party referral sources, such a mortgage brokers and car dealers, would be an asset
- Knowledge of the approval processes for third party referrals of loans and mortgages
- Familiarity with Filogix, and Morty Systems
- Knowledge of CMHC and Genworth guidelines
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A commitment to excellence in the delivery of member service
- Professional and ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- A commitment to continual learning
- Proven attention to detail
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.