Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Personal Banking Officer role is the lead role involved in outbound, banker initiated contact with members using branch renewal lists and marketing lead lists.
The focus of this role is to contact and meet with designated members in an effort to understand and meet their overall banking needs, consolidate share of wallet and refer to more senior bankers.
Sales are driven by appointments generated from the pro active calling, up selling and acting upon of referrals that have been provided by other sales professionals.
- Meets sales targets by proactively promoting/selling and delivering a full range of banking products and services to meet our member’s needs
- Follows sales and service model by attending and actively participating in branch meetings, huddles, initiatives and campaigns
- Provides financial advice to members with investment/credit needs requiring moderate financial solutions
- Acquires and refers potential high value member relationships to Personal Banking Advisor, Financial Advisory Services, Small Medium Enterprise and external partners
- Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of all products and services we offer and keeps up to date with procedural changes
- Develops and implements a proactive member call plan, follows through on self generated sales and retention leads, and on referrals
- Identifies and sets personal development plan and completes activities set in this plan
- Actively participates in regular weekly goal setting meetings and coaching sessions
- Ensures compliance with anti money laundering guidelines and other compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Post secondary education combined with 3 years related experience in a financial institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record in sales
- CSC or IFIC course completed or obtained within 12 months
- As part of continuing education enrolled in Financial Planning or other similar type programs
- Experience in providing credit solutions
- Detailed working knowledge of investment and good knowledge of lending and mortgages sufficient to analyze member’s needs, explain features and benefits and place the product for the members
- Sound knowledge of various computer applications such as Excel, Word etc
- Good knowledge of the sales process and strong communication skills to interview effectively to uncover member needs
- Good problem solving skills sufficient to identify, analyze and resolve complex member issues/problems
- Solid negotiation skills to deal with member solutions and sales
Key Skills and Competencies
- Member/Client Centricity-Builds positive member relations
- Continuous Learning & Agility-Seeks to improve and maintain personal effectiveness in high demand situations
- Teamwork-Contributes positively as a team member
- Achievement Orientation-Continually improves personal performance
- Adaptability-Adapts ones work to a situation and a variety of changes
- Decision Making & Problem solving-Makes decisions and solves problems by interpreting policies and guidelines
- Impact & Influence-Adapts rationale to influence others
- Initiative-Addresses imminent issues or opportunities
- Sales Process-Applies Alterna’s sales principles
- Professional/Technical Expertise-Demonstrates in-depth knowledge as relates to the job’s role
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.