||Financial Services and Banking
||IT - Operations Department
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
Reporting to Service Desk Team Lead, the Service Technician’s role is to ensure proper desktop computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user service requests in an efficient manner. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and Service request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Record, track, and document the Service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading Alterna’s standard desktop hardware and software,implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Excellent hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Extensive experience with desktop operating systems
- Strong Desktop application support experience with MS Office
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware
Key Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
At Alterna Savings, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
*Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.