||Product Development Department
||Please note this is a 12 month term.
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Director, Products, the Product Analyst will contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental initiatives aimed at improving Product Financial Performance and Depth of Relationship.
Through research and analysis, the Product Analyst will support the performance of the product and service portfolio including member experience and acquisition, cross-sell, usage and retention.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to drive growth across the product and service portfolio through all channels
- Contribute to product knowledge for staff by providing member facing employees with the knowledge and tools to sell and support products
- Contribute to drafting product content for members (collateral, web content etc.) to ensure member channels present the features and benefits of our products
- Support the planning, development and execution of product sales campaigns
- Complete competitive reviews and product research leveraging internal and external sources
- Support the business through tracking product performance metrics and ad-hoc analysis
- Work with cross-functional teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Legal and Compliance etc.) to assist in implementing recommendations that improve Product Financial Performance and Depth of Relationship
- Post-secondary education: University/College degree/diploma in business, marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years banking/marketing experience or related business
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to easily learn other programs
- Some experience in product/service development considered an asset
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, data mining and reporting considered an asset
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Customer service orientation and dependable
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and presentation skill
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills; proficiency in problem solving
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, adapt, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
HOW TO APPLY
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.