||Financial Services and Banking
||Contact Centre Workforce Specialist
||Contact Centre Department
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The purpose of the Workforce Specialist position is to manage and/or balance Service levels for the Contact Centre across all workgroups, products and services. The focus is to create a positive experience while maintaining efficient Contact Centre expectations to meet the business needs.
A key responsibility for this role is to provide timely and appropriate communication regarding the performance of the Contact Centre targets. Manage day to day desktop reporting, using WFM Wisdom 3 workforce management software and the hosted solution.
- Monitors and adjusts call volume allocations amongst staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet service level goals, ASA, adherence to schedule.
- Creates a checklist to identify/monitor if all systems and applications are working and fully functional prior to the Contact Centre opening for business.
- Provides real time management and monitoring of all queues, agent changes, and various ad hoc reports as needed to support service levels.
- Prepares monthly staffing schedules based on historical call volumes and call forecasting utilizing SWFM Wisdom 3 workforce management tools.
- Uploads monthly call volumes into Workforce Management SWFM Wisdom 3 using Contact Centre reporting to pull call data and provide to management team.
- Analyzes past, current and anticipated call data trends and proposes staff scheduling adjustments to the Contact Centre Manager.
- Prepares/Provides daily, weekly and month-end reporting to Contact Centre Management team from Desktop reporting tools.
- Tracks and reports on agent disposition metrics, identifying call trends and opportunities.
- Tracks and reports to management team variations to established staff scheduling adherence to ensure optimum service levels are met.
- Plans, forecasts, and analyzes call volume to ensure accurate short/long term forecasting.
- Creates/Administers agent lieu time, shift trades, training, coaching, attendance, meetings and vacation processes/approvals and other off phone activities.
- In the event of increased or excessive call volumes provides services to members/clients as Tele-banking Representative/Officer call data status information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education preferred or an equivalent level of experience and education.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in a Contact/Call Centre, preferably in the financial industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of using workforce management tools.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications required to produce metric reporting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Solid communications skills.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to accurately track trends and developments, using workforce planning tools, to meet current and future member/client needs.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Discusses problems/issues with team members that could impact results.
- Adapts to and accommodates individual differences while adhering to standard practices.
- Shifts priorities, changes style and responds with new approaches as needed to deal with new or changing demands.
- Manages, prioritizes, organizes tasks and activities to optimize workforce management
- Takes action to avoid imminent problem or to capitalize on imminent opportunity.
- Effectively uses both formal and informal channels, including networking, for acquiring information, assistance and accomplishing work goals.
- Anticipates issues and revise plans as required taking into consideration a range of factors (e.g., people, costs, timing, customer needs, resources available, etc.).
- Corrects problems as they may relate to workforce management planning and informs management accordingly.
- Adapts to increased workload, shifting priorities and short notices of changes.
- Asks questions to encourage team input and focuses team on the topic at hand.
- Understands and applies all relevant legislation, policies, and/or standards in situations that require interpretation when dealing with exceptions.
- Applies technical/procedural knowledge to correctly address a situation, taking into consideration the full range of available facts.
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.