||Senior Accountant-Financial Reporting
||Financial Reporting Department
|Reports to [Title]
||Manager, Financial Reporting
Please note this is anticipated to be a one year term.
Looking to grow your Career at Alterna?
Scope of Position
The Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting will have primary responsibility for the preparation of monthly internal reports such as financial statements and the Report of the Chief Financial Officer to the Board of Directors. The Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting will also assist with the month end accounting process, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting processes, accounting for complex transactions and other related duties as needed to support the Manager, Financial Reporting.
- Preparing supporting documentation to be included in the monthly CFO report
- Assisting in preparing financial statements and other financial reports
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
- Analyzing variances to budgets on a monthly basis
- Facilitating/coaching other departments with respect to information required for and issues identified with the internal reports
- Maintaining financial integrity and internal controls related to the position
- Performing other duties as determined by the Manager, Financial Reporting
- University degree / college diploma in Accounting and 3 years minimum experience in the Accounting field
- Completion, or enrolment nearing completion in one of the following professional accounting designation programs: CA, CGA or CMA
- Previous accounting experience in a financial institution is a definite asset
- Knowledge of Lawson Financial System and iSpectrum is a definite asset
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in the preparation and/or review of financial statements;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated skill in prioritizing tasks and producing high quality, error-free work
- Some project management skills, and proven effectiveness in providing advice, guidance, and functional direction;
- Experience with mid-size accounting systems and reporting tools
- You possess a high level of initiative, dependability, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Your past experience demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills through your ability to research and solve challenging issues independently, in an accurate and timely manner.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and as a team-player, you actively share your knowledge and experience with co-workers and willingly assist other employees in the completion of their tasks.
- Your previous experience reveals that you are results-oriented and can work under pressure while maintaining a commitment to excellence in the delivery of service to others as well as ensuring that deadlines are met.
At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program, the ability to achieve real work-life balance, and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply!
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined below.