Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Nova Scotia [NS]
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Catering Supervisor
Location: Halifax, NS
- We currently have an opportunity as a Catering Supervisor at our foodservice operations with Capital District Health Authority, downtown Halifax that requires a highly motivated, energetic and results-oriented individual.
- This position supervises catering associates and functions. Working evenings and weekends are required.
- Hands-on supervision and support the Catering staff while ensuring service standards are maintained at all times
- Scheduling in accordance to daily catering lists and business levels
- Assist the Retail Manager supervising retail food oeprations
- Coach and develop the team in matters such as service standards, ownership and responsibility of their individual duties
- Effective performance management through training, problem resolution, schedules, labor costs
- Ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the day-to-day operations of the Catering department including meetings, functions and beverage services
- Cross check the daily function list with the Kitchen order sheets to ensure that all orders are in the kitchen the previous day
- Daily check the food orders are prepared as the specified quantity and the specifications
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience in catering and food service environment
- Solid general knowledge of a wide variety of event set-up and styles from small boardroom meetings to large upscale events
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple catering events with superior attention to detail
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- Passion for customer service and client relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work is required)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of various room set ups and décor and AV
- Previous experience working with an international food service provider, providing food service to healthcare institutions.
- Post secondary education
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.