Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef de Partie / Cook, Executive Dining
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Chef de Partie / Cook
Location: Toronto, ON (Downtown)
- We need a talented & professional Chef de Partie to assist the Chef in menu and food production for a corporate executive dining room in the downtown core.
- Involve in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure positive client relationships are maintained and ensure client-satisfaction with the service and menu options we provide
- Accountable for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Inventory control, ordering and receiving inventory
- Soups & entrees for the day
- Food cost and waste control
Required (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education in culinary or related studies
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Upscale / Fine Dining menu production
- Demonstrated basic understanding of food & labour cost control
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items with a wide range of culinary cuisines and presentations to food service operations
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Ability to multitask
- Red Seal (strongly preferred)
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.