Business Office Manager – Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center
Location: Hershey, PA
The Business Office Manager (BOM) is responsible for the supervision of all business office functions and the financial position of the Surgery Center. The BOM must also enforce the policies, protocols and procedures of the Center.
- Hire and supervise Business Office Staff in accordance with sound personnel management principles and USPI’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise all medical record activities of the Center in a manner consistent with the clinical needs of the center.
- Provide orientation and training to staff.
- Encourage staff toward self-improvement
- Counsel and discipline employees when necessary.
- Evaluate employee job performance on a regular basis.
- Prepare monthly statistical/financial reports
- Establish and maintain personnel records and perform routine payroll duties.
- Responsible for all accounts receivable activities and ensure timely cash flow.
- Ensure that the Center’s operations are within all legal, regulatory, and accreditation standards as it relates to the Business Office and Medical Records department.
- Ensure appropriate staffing of professional and ancillary staff in regard to case scheduling and budgetary requirements.
- Be a member of the Center’s Performance Improvement (PI)/Risk management committees and participates in and monitors PI and EDGE studies.
- Periodically review and update as necessary, the Center’s Policies and Procedures, creating new procedures for review by the Medical Executive committee as warranted.
- Perform other activities as requested by the Center’s Administrator, and assume other appropriate operational responsibilities as necessary.
- Work with other staff members to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patients through the Center.
- College degree or equivalent (preferably in Business or HealthCare Administration)
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in a medical setting
- Experience working with physicians is preferred
- Medical terminology, CPT/ICD 9 coding knowledge required.
- Experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Strong computer skills.