||Manager, Quality Assurance
||Director, Quality and Compliance
Reporting to the Director, Quality and Compliance Services, the Manager Quality Assurance is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the quality assurance and quality control framework, procedures and support within a Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) management process. The role will drive the development of SDLC quality policies, procedures and standards and the development of validation/verification policies, procedures and standards; ensuring compliance with all established internal and external policies, procedures and controls. In addition, the Manager, Quality Assurance ensures that all IT applications and systems developed align with and support BCLC business needs, minimizing risk and maximizing returns throughout the SDLC process.
- Oversee entrance and exit criteria in all software development lifecycle (SDLC) gates and ensure each gate is compliant with criteria
- Review and identify ongoing process improvement opportunities in SDLC gates, continually evolving and improving SDLC entrance and exit criteria.
- Manage and Direct internal Quality Assurance audits that are compliant with corporate policies and practices, and ensure ongoing compliance with standards and legislation.
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all third party audits. Maintain professional interaction with all third party auditors. Assist in follow up corrective actions and preventative measures from audit findings.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Deliver a reliable and repeatable SDLC model; define and execute consistent, repeatable processes
- Lead a team who identifies, mitigates and communicates risks, issues, and status related to product releases
- Develop, implement and lead the end to end Release Management process & governance
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline
- 10 years quality assurance experience,
- 5 years minimum in a Quality Assurance management role
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Must possess a strong technical and process background including process knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance and quality control systems, infrastructures, processes, operations and risk management frameworks.
- In depth knowledge of auditing methodologies and tools including risk assessments, controls and governance.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to engage at a senior executive level, and with key stakeholders in a constructive manner
- Strong strategic thinking skills – ability to find innovative, yet practical, strategies to achieve goals, link several strategies into a unified plan, while anticipating needs and maintaining a future focus.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks. Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential issues and risks. The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry would be an asset.
- Systemic/holistic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning.
- Supports continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, practices as appropriate.