||Communications Officer (Temporary Full-time - Maternity Leave)
||Temporary Full-time - 12 months Maternity Leave
The objective of the Communications Officer role is to develop and deliver internal and corporate communications plans and strategies to enhance BCLC’s reputation and build support for BCLC’s strategic business initiatives both internally and externally. This role is responsible for developing strategic communication materials in a timely, understandable and transparent manner while providing solutions to complex and sensitive issues.
- Develops and delivers communication plans and strategies to build internal and external understanding and support of BCLC’s strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares various employee communications materials including intranet stories, key messages, speeches/presentations and email bulletins to keep employees informed about what is happening at BCLC and up-to-date on matters of interest
- Prepares and provides input for corporate communications materials.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of strategic plans for BCLC’s online communications.
- Helps drive a proactive internal and external communications approach, and ensure BCLC is publicly transparent.
- Provides communications solutions to complex and sensitive issues and prepares responses to employee concerns ensuring that all stakeholders have been contacted and are informed in a timely manner.
- Provides input into strategic business plans and assists in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting related to internal and corporate communications.
- Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships throughout the organization.
- Actively seeks out information, particularly in areas where the information is critical and complex, and determines methods to relay this information in a coherent and connected way to the entire organization in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilizes all existing internal and corporate communication tools and tactics and implements new methods as well, to ensure that messages are communicated effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Provides solutions, recommendations, advice and support to leaders in the organization in the communication of internal and corporate messages to ensure transparency and understanding.
- Fosters trust and credibility through ongoing, clear, accurate, open, timely and two-way communication with internal and external audiences.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or diploma in a communications, journalism and/or public relations discipline and 3 to 5 years current, related experience in which strategic thinking was a critical element.
- Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of strategic internal and corporate communications
- Experience in issues and risk management
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic development and implementation of communication plans
- Demonstrated experience in the best practices of online communications
- Experience in speech writing
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and with close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- General business acumen
- Must have own vehicle and be available to travel. Travel between offices will be required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
||Customer Strategy & Corporate Relations