If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Kansas City, MO; District Sales Manager
inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Selling Solutions has provided value-creating, outsourced commercial business solutions to its clients for over 14 years. By delivering these solutions to a wide range of clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device, diagnostic, long-term care, pharmacy and managed care industries, inVentiv Selling Solutions has become the market-share leader in its competitive space. inVentiv currently deploys ~ 2,600 Sales Representatives and Managers for over 35 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies.
||The District Manager's responsibility in this position will be development and management of a Kansas City, MO region with the goal of maximizing sales. This role is responsible for leading, directing and managing activities of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives within a specific geographical assignment. They are responsible for leading his/her team to the achievement of established revenue and profit goals by insuring specific individual and team goals are met and expenses are managed in a fiscally responsible manner. They will participate in national, regional, and local strategic meetings, as well as lead meetings with their respective team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and develop a team of high quality Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives to meet or exceed strategic objectives and sales goals.
- Manage budget and allocate resources based on district needs.
- Identify and proactively manage performance, initiate and monitor performance improvements plans, implement progressive discipline and the execution of termination decisions.
- Proactively identifies and assess key targets in district and develop appropriate strategic business plans to influence their prescribing habits regarding the use of our client's products in order to gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives are obtaining maximum commitment from customers on every call.
- Partner, leverage and maintain relationships with influential customers in the district (e.g. high prescribers, thought leaders, and managed care influencers) to enhance compound and/or product loyalty and build our client's brand.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance district territory sales. Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends and discern how this could impact the business and adapt to changing conditions.
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical sales District Manager experience
- 7 + years with a successful track record in field sales in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or healthcare industry in total
- Cardiovascular sales/management experience is preferred
- Retail, wholesale, managed care account and/or institution experience is desirable
- Have ability to travel as necessary – will vary by district
- Possess excellent presentation and selling skills, strong business acumen and clinical knowledge.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
inVentiv health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce
|Minimum Education Level