If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New Jersey [NJ]
||Senior Analyst, Information Technology (Applications)
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
- Serve as technical lead for multiple CDMSs; act as technical resource to other groups
- Analyze application requirements and provide strategic and tactical technical recommendations
- Install, configure, maintain and ensure high availability for commercial and internally-developed CDMS applications
- Create installation and test documentation via PharmaNet/i3’s validation protocols
- Provide support for CDMSs via PharmaNet/i3 IT’s incident management, service request, problem management, change management and other processes
- Troubleshoot user and system issues affecting application functionality; work collaboratively with other functional areas in IT to resolve issues
- Cross-train team members on troubleshooting and maintenance procedures to facilitate 24 x 7 on-call process for high-priority incidents
- Participate in 24 x7 on-call rotation for high-priority incidents
- Manage and monitor system usage, capacity and performance
- Provide monthly support and usage metrics
- Document IT systems and procedures
- Develop, socialize and maintain application development roadmaps
- Review/harmonize team work processes
- Manage software licensing and inventory
- Propose solutions to enhance uptime, efficiency and recoverability of systems
- Grow in role to become overall “service owner” for multiple CDMSs
- Grow in role to initiate projects and pursue business and executive approvals
- Meet corporate standards for quality, training and time tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related science field or equivalent. In lieu of degree, eleven years (total) relevant experience will be considered.
- Eight years professional system application implementation/development experience.
- Implementation and support of one or more of the following software environments is strongly preferred: Oracle Clinical, Oracle Clinical RDC/Onsite, Integic CRF WorkManager/ePower, SAS, EMC Documentum, Siebel eClinical, SAS and Citrix.
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows server and Oracle Database-based application administration, network support and configuration.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows operation system technologies, broad knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Familiarity with Clinical Trial practices, procedures and applications preferred
- In-depth knowledge of IT best practices a plus
- Familiarity with HIPPA and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance a plus
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Minimal Travel required
This position can be based out of Princeton, NJ OR Ann Arbor, MI.
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
EOE: inVentiv health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
|Minimum Education Level