Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New England- Medical Science Liaison
BTG recently acquired Biocompatibles International plc. This has expanded the commercial business with the addition of approved interventional oncology products, and has broadened the pipeline of internal development programs. BTG is an international specialist healthcare company, developing and commercializing products targeting critical care, cancer and other disorders.
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining bi-directional scientific communication with multiple external entities, to include external scientific and medical leaders, academic medical institutions, disease and patient societies, etc. The end goal is to act as the conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between the external scientific community and the company in accordance with applicable legal, regulatory and ethical guidelines.
The key responsibilities of the MSL include:
- Provide scientific support for marketed and development projects in the assigned therapeutic areas. In a non-promotional manner, respond appropriately to unsolicited requests for medical and scientific information and act as scientific resource for doctors leading own clinical trial activities and to company sponsored clinical trial activities.
- Act in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and codes of practice.
- Manage building effective professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, with reliance on candidates network of associates to identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration.
- Collaborate with marketing and development to develop scientific strategies to optimize the scientific community’s knowledge of products and development activities within the medical community.
- Respond to unsolicited ad hoc field based requests and act as the liaison for investigator-initiated studies in the regions and refer requests for investigator-initiated studies from the regions to the appropriate in-house committees as directed.
- Support the medical education of company personnel regarding relevant diseases, referral patterns, therapeutic options and prevalent treatments and product requirements.
- Participate in training via quality medical education presentations for the field-based sales force.
- Assist marketing in coordinating the development of non-CME continuing education seminars for healthcare providers on subjects relevant to assigned products.
- Attend assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia to: a) maintain awareness of current issues and new data pertaining to assigned products and; b) to communicate scientific information.
- Develop and deliver formulary presentations using approved material.
- Design, develop, and deliver scientific presentations to individuals and groups of strategic importance to the Business Unit / company as requested.
- Provide monthly report on scientific support activities in the region including budget expenditures as directed.
Licensure and Skill Requirements for MSL:
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D, M.D., D.O. , or Ph.D) in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences or RN in Nursing required
- At least three years field based experience in the biopharmaceutical / device field
- Oncology knowledge and experience with an emphasis on cancers affecting the liver
- Experience with formal presentation and interaction with global/regional level experts is highly preferred.
- Experience in the area of external expert engagement and interaction, as well as working with academic centers of excellence.
- Demonstrated credibility within the medical community.
- Strong skills in relationship building and networking, have a strong personal initiative and function well in managing a cross-functional team
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in groups in a collegial manner, including cross functional teams and internal/external networking.
Biocompatibles is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation & benefit packages, challenging opportunities and a culture of working together in an entrepreneurial, supportive manner built on our strong foundation of values:
Openness Accountability Teamwork Integrity Delivery Continuous Learning
||Medical Science Liaison
|Minimum Education Level