If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New Jersey [NJ]
||Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager
inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
The Global Technology Office is seeking a proven Project Manager to support the business transformation and process improvement initiatives. Specifically, this position will have hands-on responsibility for the implementation and execution of projects including forecasting skill and staff needs based on project plans. The Project Manager is responsible for understanding the overall project’s critical path, and how changes to work effort timelines will impact workstream interdependencies.
This is a combination role. It will involve project management, but this person will also be hands on with our infrastructure. A strong knowledge of networks is needed. Knowledge of CISCO, AT+T, L3, WAN, VM ware, Citrix, Windows, Linix, UNIX is also desired. Will work with a small team to plan and oversee the streamlining of our infrastructure.
- Own the master schedule that tracks and reports on implementation efforts to accomplish all project level milestones and dependencies.
- Assist in the development and updating of key project management enablers (e.g., project portfolio, communication plan, issue, risk and decision logs, change request log)
- Identifies, analyzes, responds to and monitors project risks; determines prioritization of risks; maximizes the probability and impact of positive events and minimizes the probability and impact of adverse events
- Maintains Issue, Risk, and Decision documentation, as they relate to project timelines and co-dependencies, and coordinates solutions development.
- Maintains documentation of changes to scope, timelines, milestones, and deliverables, and identifies dependency implications.
- Assist with reviewing all necessary work plans and related project management documentation are completed in sufficient detail to provide for adequate management and control, as well as consist with overall master schedule and dependencies
- Develops communications documents detailing implementation progress for Senior Leadership, Boards, and Regulators, including regular reporting.
- 7 or more years of related IT industry and professional project management experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of complex project management and leverage knowledge to identify risk and evaluate impacts on the business
- Demonstrated communication skills and reporting skills
- Demonstrated thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Strong work-ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate financial results and analytics to non-finance people.
- Prior experience significantly interacting with business units and collaborating with Technology support groups
- Should possess solid relationship and communication skills.
|Minimum Education Level