If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
||New Jersey [NJ]
||Manager, Tax Accounting
inVentiv Health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Candidate will lead the tax accounting process (ASC 740) for a leading provider of global, best-in-class outsourced services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and healthcare industries.The Company provides drug development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, generic drug, and medical device companies in all aspects of a drug’s life cycle from FDA approval phases to market. The candidate will also co-chair responsibilities on the Company’s compliance of its Federal / State income tax return preparation.
- Lead the tax accounting processes for interim and year-end income tax provisions under ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109) by reviewing the interim, year-end tax provisions and deferred tax analysis.
- Administer FIN 48 analysis on quarterly and year-end basis.
- Author or reviewer of memos of critical topics of the interim and year-end tax provision, tax provision summary memo, valuation allowance position memos, APB 23 memo, FIN 48 memo, etc.
- Lead in complex tax accounting areas of ASC 718 (formerly SFAS 123R) and ASC 805 (formerly SFAS 141R).
- Assist in APB 23 analysis and repatriation planning.
- Cash tax forecasting in working with FP&A group.
- Special financial reporting requirements for banks, bifurcation of tax provision for guarantor v non-guarantor reporting.
- Develop and implement internal controls for tax processes under Section 404 of the Sarbanes- Oxley Act.
- Co-chair with the Domestic Tax Manager the income tax compliance function.
- Review book-to-tax adjustments and workpapers as necessary for the preparation of federal, state & local, and foreign income/informational tax returns, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8823 and 1118 (including §861 calculations) and workpapers.
- Lead in review/preparation of Sub C election and disclosure statements for US Consolidated tax return.
- Review quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Support tax issues/controversy with federal, state and local tax jurisdictions by interacting directly with government agents and responding to IDR’s and negotiation and resolution.
- Assist with special projects and merger and acquisition activity.
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- CPA or/and MST degree is required.
- 5-8 yrs. of Big 4 or mix of Big 4 and Corporate Tax experience.
- International tax experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Tax research software (e.g., RIA-CheckPoint), income tax compliance software, preferably the OneSource Suite package; Compliance (OneSource Income Tax) and Provision (OneSource Tax Provision fka as TaxStream)
- Flexibility to handle a variety of responsibilities
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
EOE: inVentiv health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.