If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New Jersey [NJ]
||Corporate Real Estate Director
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Business Services, the Corporate Real Estate Director will oversee and coordinate real estate activities across inVentiv’s markets, including business unit real estate and facilities resources, third party outsourced resources and will work in conjunction with the Executive Management Team, business unit/country leadership and other corporate support functions to create and deliver global initiatives. This position will establish a highly visible corporate presence for the vital aspects of Corporate Real Estate and provide innovative thought leadership to continually seek opportunities to realize cost savings and opportunistically plan for future growth. Acting in a relationship management role, the Director maintains close working relationship with senior leaders in order to understand their objectives and provides a single point of accountability for all real estate holdings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure the current real estate portfolio of [1.5] million square feet is cost-effectively managed,
- Monitor and report on the overall effectiveness of portfolio, directing the development and application of analytical tools and measurement techniques.
- Plan and deliver real estate services, including transactions, acquisitions, construction & project and facilities management.
- Develop an implementation of a global real estate and workplace strategy, standards, guidelines and procedures to support and enhance inVentiv’s business plan.
- Recommend an annual investment plan, with a rolling multi-year view of prioritized action for each market and location.
- Implementation of Corporate /Regional property initiatives to achieve a consistent vision and standard.
- Create and maintain an annual budget for all regional property and facilities costs. Report quarterly on annual vs. budget. Develop and implement plans to reduce this by measurable amounts.
- Develop, present and gain all necessary approvals for effective property proposals (acquisitions, disposals, consolidation, major projects) and business cases that deliver business unit requirements, including new business, while maximizing the potential of property portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a reporting methodology and dialogue to Corporate and business unit/country management that demonstrates achievements, initiatives and issues.
- Review and consider, in conjunction applicable legal representative, all legal aspects relating to property.
- In connection with retained advisors, lead and drive negotiations with landlords
- Develop a network of key contacts in the Corporate Real Estate field to enhance intelligence gathering and benchmarking information on best practices
- Supervise, motivate and review a team of 3-5 internal real estate and facilities professional as well as numerous outside advisors
- Key advisor to the Executive Management and business unit leaders on real estate financial decisions and explaining their practical implications.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to other internal functions (treasury, legal, finance) on different real estate related matters
- Interface and present recommendations for individual projects or broader initiatives to the executive management team and business unit leaders
- Participate as part of the clinical operations leadership team related to facilities projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10 or more years of real estate experience with progressive levels of responsibility
- 6 or more years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- Global experience
- Experience working with the management implications of various forms of financial data as well as drive and review financial analysis
- Knowledge of real estate standards, processes, procedures, policies, metrics and best practices
- Exposure to a broad range of workplace solutions/designs and implementation of alternatives
- Strong project management skills and a proven ability to juggle dozens of projects with competing and overlapping priority
- Experience in successfully and actively managing multi-million dollar annual budgets and occupancy costs
- Experience working with and directly interfacing with executive and business unit management
- Strong oral, verbal and written communication and skills needed to interface with high-level customer representatives
- Strong strategic management and planning skills
- Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
EOE: inVentiv health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
|Minimum Education Level