If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||United States [US]
||Boston, MA- District Manager
Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re a leader! Bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. Nobody else has your aptitude for motivating a sales team and driving results. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales manager role with inVentiv Health.
inVentiv Health, Inc. is a global provider of clinical, commercial and consulting services to the life sciences industry. inVentiv offers convergent services that accelerate the performance of companies working to improve human life. In 40 countries around the world, inVentiv’s 12,000 employees work with more than 550 pharmaceutical, biotech and device companies, as well as companies that see health as a central part of their mission.
The District Manager's responsibility will be development and management of a designated region with the goal of maximizing customer engagement. This role is responsible for leading, directing and managing activities of Sales Representatives within a specific geographical area. The DM is responsible for leading his/her team to the achievement of established business objectives. They will participate in national, regional, and local strategic meetings, as well as, lead meetings with their respective team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- To lead, manage and develop the skill sets and overall performance of the sales representatives in his or her district.
- Hire, train, develop and coach new and existing sales representatives.
- Develop and implement approved business plans to contribute to overall project success.
- Achieve organizational objectives through effective leadership of sales team.
- Effectively lead and implement the approved marketing plan with district team.
- Effectively identify/monitor multiple local market conditions and build strong customer relationships.
- Monitor all field activities to make certain all are within compliance guidelines.
- Provide feedback on marketing tactics and market conditions.
Other accountabilities will involve:
- Ensure appropriate delivery of marketing and sales tactics in district.
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time.
- Collaborate on development of goals and objectives at all levels and build appropriate measures to ensure achievement.
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to utilize reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement.
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the sales team.
- Minimize turnover through retention initiatives and ongoing leadership actions.
- Provide frequent and ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented and supportive working environment.
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports, including adherence to policies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled field ride alongs with field representatives.
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary issues.
- Coordinate meetings and events, as necessary.
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- A minimum of 7 years in pharmaceutical, medical or related medical sales
- Diabetes experience preferred.
- At least 3 years successful District Management experience
- Experience managing or selling in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device/Diagnostic Arena
- Understanding of market strategy, tactical mix, and financial management desirable.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills and the ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas required.
- Track record of strict adherence to all approved promotional tactics.
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Vets that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace
|Minimum Education Level