If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Lead Employee Relations Manager
inVentiv health is the premier provider of outsourcing services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science industries. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Ventiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, Ventiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
As a member of the Selling Solutions business of inVentiv Commercial, the Lead Employee Relations Manager (ERM) is the employment resource support for inVentiv contract sales representatives who report to client managers as well as manage Employee Relations Managers within specific geography. Role supports field based inVentiv Health Sales Representatives and drive effective employee and client manager communications to proactively answer and resolve employee inquiries, HR issues, and sales performance & productivity. Additionally, the Employee Relations Manager is responsible to act as liaison between inVentiv operation departments and sales representatives as well as build client, field management relationships to ensure a seamless and successful partnership and execution of territory and contract objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Manage constant communication with designated contract field staff via multiple platforms including electronic, verbal and in person as needed.
- Responsible for oversight and direct management of assigned Employee Relations Managers to ensure performance of assigned zone geography and contract objectives.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with external clients (District Managers, Regional Directors, and Training) as well as internal departments, most notably Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Client Services, IT, and Sales Management.
- Responsible for interviewing, assessing and hiring, as well as oversee on-boarding of field sales team.
- Conduct new hire orientation via conference call/on-site to new hires
- Achievement of all objectives affiliated with the Lead ERM role including supporting, monitoring, documenting and coaching field sales representative performance while ensuring appropriate communications.
- Responsible for training and development as well as coaching of all direct ERM reports while driving process compliance and change as needed.
- Limit turnover and drive retention of through proactive communication and conflict and performance resolution.
- Oversee data and metrics for assigned zone geography and provide reports and presentations to executive team.
- Participate, as requested in client POA meetings, sales training meetings, and others as requested.
- Provide support training or coaching on product, disease state, & selling skills as needed.
- Prepare weekly activity and status reports monitoring recruitment and hiring selection.
- Conduct weekly communication with ERMs, inVentiv Sales Representatives direct line Client Managers, and RDs.
- Conduct ongoing discussions and documentation on Sales Representative performance thru Coaching Summary Reports provided by Client Manager, and training evaluations provided by training department.
- Interacts on a daily basis with customer base to identify HR needs and source solutions.
- Interprets policies and procedures and ensures compliance of field representatives including expense mgmt.
- Work with client DM to conduct coaching, mid year and annual reviews on all field sales Representatives.
- Promotes an atomosphere where employee contributions are valued and considered an integral part of providing exceptional service to clients, resolves employee conflict in line with company guidelines, polcies, and employment law.
- Coaches team members to be motivated and engaged regarding achievement of efficiency and accuracy targets.
- Acts as a Change Agent by modeling desired behaviors, promoting two-way communicaton, sharing best practices, serving as first point of conflict resolution on process questions, and cultivating a culture of feedback between team members and management
- Assist with employee programs including, newsletters, LDP, and recognition programs.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management preferred OR
- Min.7 Years in a Human Resources Mgmt. role with strong preference in Employee Relations or Recruiting
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Successful track record of recruiting and selection as well as field leadership skills
- History of successful People Management skills and building teams
- Background and experience in the Pharmaceutical industry preferably Field Sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discretely and diffuse difficult situations
- Experience handling progressive discipline issues including sales performance, product etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to diplomatically interact with all levels of employees and clients.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Sales Force Automation & other systems.
- Must meet product and other training expectations as well as ERM goals & objectives.
Behavioral Competencies: Leadership, Communication, Relationship & Customer Management, Conflict Management, Policies, Process & Procedures, Respecting Diversity, People/Resources Management