If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||San Diego, CA - Specialty Sales Representative
inVentiv Health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Health Selling Solutions is the world’s largest provider of outsourced educational and sales resources to healthcare companies. With our vast capabilities, and multidisciplinary expertise, we design and implement customized commercialization solutions that impact performance and results of our clients’ healthcare products and services.
But it’s not just what we do that drives success—it’s how. Our proprietary market analysis informs optimal team structures and promotional and educational models. Then, our in-house recruitment services find the best and brightest, who use progressive ways to educate and enlighten key audiences and accelerate our clients’ commercial performance. By providing brilliant ideas, valuable insight, and relentless energy, we fuel our clients’ success and growth, day after day.
inVentiv Health has entered into a partnership with Mylan to build a sales team focused on awareness of the Mylan brand and their existing CNS and Specialty portfolio of products to clinicians.
With minimum supervision, the Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for representing Mylan's products within a defined sales territory. Develops and implements plans for territory to meet sales goals established at the territory level, additional essential functions include:
- Proactively sell and promote portfolio to targeted physicians and healthcare professionals in assigned territory and develop an appropriate territory business plan to positively influence their prescribing habits
- Leverage understanding of product information to consult, influence and maintain customer relationships
- Customize discussions with customers based on understanding the customer’s practice and needs
Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales in assigned territory
Develop and execute strategic business plans for targeted customers
Maintain ongoing business planning with customers in territory through effective business management for assigned territory
- Manage territory budget to support sales and marketing activities
- Effectively manage and prioritize time and utilize all available resources and programs to increase business/maximize sales
- Complete and adhere to all administrative duties and compliance policies and training in a timely manner
- Be prepared to discuss all aspects of territory business with District Manager at any time.
- Continually develop, review, update and maintain healthcare provider target lists based on the latest information and data.
- BA / BS Required
- 3+ years successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience including at least 2 years of calling upon specialists and/or a key account environment
- Consistent demonstrated track record of success/ history of sales excellence
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior organizational and administrative skills
- Strong analytical, strategic and influencing skills preferred
- Specialty Pharmacy, Nursing, Reimbursement experience preferred
Demonstrated initiative and follow-up which drives results
Highly motivated and results oriented
Proven record as an individual producer making a strong impact in launch situations
Results oriented with a proven track record of consistent success
Ability to sell consultatively focused on customer need and delivered in an individualized clinical and data focused manner
Strong persuasiveness and influence skills required
Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific and complex data throughout the sales process
Consistent history of operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines is mandatory
Full inVentiv benefits which include all listed below and more:
- It is the Company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays, and personal time; Sales Reps accrue 1.5 days per month – maximum PTO 18 days
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – United HealthCare; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100 percent employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100 percent employee paid): employee only
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Vets that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace
|Minimum Education Level