Manage a team of MSLs responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining bi-directional scientific communication with multiple external entities, to include external scientific and medical leaders, academic medical institutions, disease and patient societies, etc. Acts as the conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between the external scientific community in the assigned region and the company.
· Develop, direct and lead a world class field based expert Medical Science Liaison team.
· Provide specialist Medical advice and education to HCPs and product users to ensure the safe and effective use of our products
· Work with Medical Director, customers, regulatory and marketing to ensure seamless alignment of the Medical Strategy within Interventional Medicine and overall corporate strategy.
· Develop and maintain on-going relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
· Use medical expert input to identify new opportunities.
· Provision of internal and external therapeutic medical educational services in support of Interventional Medicine and company strategy.
· Support publication strategies. Work with Clinical, R&D, Marketing to ensure rapid and prominent publication of in vitro pre-clinical, clinical data
· Direct the provision of Medical Expert advice to support the statutory regulatory and pharmacovigilence requirements of the Interventional Medicine Business.
· Provide leadership in the areas of non company sponsored clinical trial management and development
· Adhere to company policies on health, safety and workplace policies
· Ensure that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with BTG values
The aforementioned duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list. Incumbent may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with education, skill, experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements