Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Northeast Employee Relations Manager
inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
As a member of the Selling Solutions business of inVentiv Commercial, the Employee Relations Manager (ERM) is the employment resource support for inVentiv contract sales representatives who report to client managers. Role supports field based inVentiv Health Sales Representatives and drive effective employee communications to proactively answer or resolve any employee questions, HR issues or sales performance questions. Additionally, the Employee Relations Manager is responsible to act as liaison between inVentiv operation departments and sales representatives as well as build client, field management relationships to ensure a seamless and successful partnership.
Key Job Responsibilities: (Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Manage constant communication with approximately 40 field staff via multiple platforms including electronic, verbal and in person as needed.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with external clients (District Managers, Regional Directors and Training) as well as internal departments, most notably Talent Acquisition, Human Resources and Sales Management.
- Responsible for interviewing, assessing and hiring as well as oversee on-boarding of field sales team.
- Conduct new hire orientation via conference call/on-site to new hires
- Achievement of all objectives affiliated with the ERM role including supporting, monitoring, documenting and coaching field sales representative performance.
- Limit turnover and drive retention of through proactive communication and conflict and performance resolution.
- Participate, as requested, in internal progress meetings and suggest positive solutions to specific challenges.
- Participate, as requested in client POA meetings, sales training meetings, and others as requested.
- Provide support training or coaching on product, disease state, & selling skills as needed.
- Prepare weekly activity and status reports monitoring recruitment and hiring selection.
- Conduct weekly communication with inVentiv Sales Representative and direct line Client Manager.
- Conduct ongoing discussions and documentation on Sales Representative performance thru Field Contact Reviews provided by
- Client Manager.
- Interacts on a daily basis with customer base to identify HR needs and source solutions
- Interprets policies and procedures and ensures compliance of field representatives including expense mgmt.
- Work with client DM to conduct coaching, mid year and annual reviews on all field sales Representatives.
- Assist with employee programs including, newsletters, LDP, and recognition programs.
Position Goals: Retention Rates, Customer Survey Results, Time to Hire, VSR Training Performance & Sales Results
Education: BS/BA degree required
Geography: Field based position and must live within designated territory & be willing to travel up to 35%
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Employee Relations preferred OR
- Min.4 Years in a Human Resources Mgmt. role with strong preference in Recruiting/Interviewing
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discretely and diffuse difficult situations
- Experience handling progressive discipline issues including sales performance, product etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to diplomatically interact with all levels of employees and clients.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Sales Force Automation & other systems.
- Must meet product and other training expectations as well as ERM goals & objectives.
Relationship & Customer Management, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Policies, Process & Procedures, Respecting Diversity