Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Vice President of Sales - Philadelphia, PA
|BTG is a growing international specialist healthcare company. Their mission is to bring to market medical products that meet the needs of specialist healthcare physicians and their patients.
They are focused on three business areas: Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Interventional Medicine and Licensing & Biotechnology.
Their products include a treatment for snakebites, antidotes to treat toxicity associated with medicines used for heart conditions and cancer, and interventional oncology products that are used to treat patients with liver or prostate tumors.
They develop their own products and in-license or acquire them from others. They sell direct to our customers in the US and elsewhere principally through partners.
In everything they do, they are guided by their core values and their Code of Conduct. They believe that by doing the right thing every time, they will deliver enduring value to all their stakeholders.
inVentiv Recruitment Services is currently engaged in a direct hire/full time search partnership with BTG, an international specialty pharmaceuticals company that is developing and commercializing products targeting critical care, cancer, neurological and other disorders. We are seeking a Vice President of Sales to oversee and manage a specialty sales team.
Recruitment and management of the sales team, including participating in sizing, targeting and defining optimal skills and mix of sales people needed to optimally serve varicose veins specialists (phlebologists, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologist and cardiologists, etc.)
Oversight of operational sales support functions including but not limited to: data analytics, incentives, compensation plans, SFA/CRM, training and development, meeting planning
- Training and enforcement of compliance according to pharmaceutical guidelines
- Coordination and collaboration with access and reimbursement future account managers and liaising with future MSLs
- Responsible for delivering top line sales revenue, necessary contribution margin and manage departmental P&L results
- Interact with cross functional teams from many departments in BTG to achieve PEM sales goals
- Participate in business development, portfolio development business assessments to grow the vascular franchise
- Participate in shaping and launching the HCP PEM product and procedure training program to ensure optimal safety and efficacy
- Lead, motivate, direct and develop Sales force on a daily basis
- Develop and leverage relationships with key customers in the marketplace
- Translate current and ongoing corporate and brand strategy into executable sales strategy via field activity, feedback and analysis
- Bachelors’ degree
- Minimum of 10 years in sales leadership roles in pharmaceuticals and/or medical device
- Marketing and/or preferably sales operations experience with a core understanding of sales force structure and development
- Proven experience in altering practice from a procedure/surgery to a pharmaceutical company or vice-versa
- Experience establishing a successful sales force
- Experience selling drug/device combination products
- Having previously launched a pharmaceutical/device in the US
- Experience building relationships and interacting with varicose vein specialists
Skills and Attributes
- Track record of success and leadership including a highly competitive environment
- Experience launching a complex pharmaceutical or device product in the US
- Core Strong analytical background and ability to detect changes/opportunities
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and tailor support/services appropriately
- Leadership skills relevant to sales/commercial teams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key customers
- “Can-do” attitude and a willingness to roll-up their sleeves to achieve their objectives
inVentiv Health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.