Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Orange County- District Sales Manager -248
Ventiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, Ventiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
. is an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company with one approved product on the market and another recently approved product, Gralise™ (gabapentin). Gralise is a once-daily treatment approved for management of post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN) which will be launched in the United States in 2011. Glumetza® (metformin hydrochloride extended release tablets) is approved for use in adults with type 2 diabetes and promoted by Santarus, Inc. in the United States. The company also has a robust pipeline including Serada® in Phase 3 clinical development for menopausal hot flashes, and other product candidates in its early stage pipeline. Depomed formulates its products and product candidates with its proven, proprietary Acuform® drug delivery technology, which is designed to improve existing oral medications, allowing for controlled release of medications to the upper gastrointestinal tract when dosed with food. Additional information about Depomed may be found on its website http://www.depomed.com
We are currently engaged in a DIRECT HIRE (non - contract) full time search for a District Manager role. We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional to manage our Orange County, CA region.
The District Sales Manager (DM) is responsible for managing the activities and performance of a team of specialty sales representatives, including the compliant promotion of GRALISE™ within the DM’s geographic region. Responsible for meeting or exceeding regional sales targets and market share.
Responsibilities (Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Manage the day-to-day activities of regional representatives including recommendations regarding performance of partner
- Provide coaching and training of sales force to build a capable and effective team
- Achieve sales targets for the region
- Develop and implement a district-specific sales plans
- Remain fully versed in promotional compliance regulations including legal and regulatory and ensure sales team is equally trained
- Provide oversight to ensure the sales team is promoting product within Company’s guidelines and that only approved promotional materials and messaging are being used in the field
- Review representative performance and escalate performance issues as required
- Provide feedback to RD on effectiveness of sales materials
- Together with RD, facilitate regular communications to sales team and to receive their feedback
- Interface with other functional leaders and teams in marketing, managed care, medical, human resources, and operations in order to achieve business goals
- RD is responsible for the district budget and expense management
- Establish and nurture relationships with key regional prescribers and thought leaders
- 50 percent walking and standing; 50 percent sitting and driving; and
- Frequent travel required within district and to home office.
Qualified candidates must possess
- B.S. degree required; M.S. or MBA preferred.
- Six+ years’ experience within pharmaceutical sales with three or more years’ experience managing a team of specialty pharmaceutical representatives. Two or more years of experience selling or managing a team within the pain therapeutic area preferred.
- Current drivers license and clean driving record;
- Ability to negotiate and influence cross-functionally.
- Excellent command of the English language required, both written and spoken.
- Generous Vacation and Company Paid Holidays per year
- Health insurance options, including a Medical PPO and High Deductible plan/ Health Savings Account (Company Contributes to HSA)
- Dental PPO Plan
- Domestic Partner Coverage (same-sex & opposite-sex)
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2 x base salary (employer paid)
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Company-paid Long Term Care (group rates available for family member buy-up)
- 401(k) with no waiting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Worker’s Compensation
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Stock Options
inVentiv health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
|Minimum Education Level