If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New Jersey [NJ]
inVentiv Health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional for the role of Procurement Manager.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a company-wide strategic procurement sourcing and commodity management across multiple commodity categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, organize and implement national/regional contracting and procurement strategies and programs to increase operational efficiency and profitability
- Develop standardized systems and controls for procurement including RFP documentation, work authorization, purchase and change order systems, and supplier/contractor eligibility criteria
- Manage the supplier/contractor certification process including review of requisite experience, legal and organizational structure, financial viability, geographic coverage, insurance requirements and other capabilities
- Prepare and maintain contracts with national/regional service providers in accordance with company standards; obtain required approvals from corporate risk management
- Develop and implement a company-wide quality assurance program including supplier evaluations, scorecards and ranking systems
- Assist in coordination and analysis of regional and national bids and make recommendations to senior management
- Develop and manage relationships with national/regional suppliers and contractors and assist in contract negotiations
- Establish requirements for and ensure the integrity of centralized procurement database systems
- Serve as key point of contact for utilization management and coordination with outside procurement/e-procurement resources
- Participate on behalf of the company in approved or sponsored procurement organizations or related initiatives
- Develop training programs and assist in training employees in company-wide procurement procedures
- Develop company-wide policies and procedures, playbooks and other organizational materials with respect to national/regional procurement
- Other duties may be assigned as dictated by business needs
- Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project
- Coordinates the work to be completed but is not responsible for formal supervision of employees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent to a 4-year college program in relevant discipline
- 7-10 years experience in procurement products and services supplies or any similar combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in RFP development, contract administration, contract negotiation, quality assurance, and procurement management;
- Experience in working with e-procurement solutions with exposure to systems development and supplier management
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management
- Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients, and/or management
- Ability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action
|Minimum Education Level