Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Philadelphia, PA - Institutional District Sales Manager
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv Health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Institutional District Sales Manager is responsible for the successful program launch within the assigned geographic region. The primary focus of the district managers is to ensure that the activities of the Specialty Nurse Representatives contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the contract. The Institutional District Sales Manager will lead meetings with their respective team. The Institutional District Sales Manager serves as the tactical manager overseeing the Specialty Nurse Representatives organization and sets the performance expectation for day-to-day Representative activity.
Will be responsible for driving success of Specialty Nurse Team in the institutional / hospital setting
Develop 30/60/90 day District Launch Plan Including ongoing selection, evaluation and retention of employees
- Provide coaching and training of Specialty Nurse Representatives to build a capable and effective team
- Provides inspirational leadership and strategic direction to Full Time and Flex Time Specialty Nurse Representatives to achieve performance objectives ; this is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with the team vision.
- Contributing to the revenue and profit goals within the assigned district by insuring specific goals are met and expenses are managed in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Achieve all contract performance goals and objectives for geographical assignment through Specialty Nurse Representatives.
- Manage expenses within budget constraints.
- Provide communication and motivation to all members of the district sales team toward delivering the expectations of the customer. Reinforce the value that we are customer driven.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with field sales personnel.
- Participate, as requested, in meetings to update progress and suggest positive solutions to specific issues and/or opportunities.
- Oversee recruiting, staffing, hiring, and training of field sales team. Recommend all hires. Minimize turnover through selection process. Create a positive work environment.
- Provide performance feedback to all direct reports. Manage performance issues as required Conduct ongoing discussions and documentation. Prepare annual performance appraisal.
- Provide opportunities for personal & professional growth within the organization. This includes communication and programs which foster an environment, which rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Participate in company programs, which focus on individual development.
- Remain fully versed in promotional compliance regulations including legal and regulatory and ensure team is equally trained
- Provide oversight to ensure the team is promoting product consistent with Company policies and that only approved promotional materials and messages are used in the field
- Provide feedback to marketing department on effectiveness of sales/educational materials
- Establish a plan to provide regular communications to team and to receive their feedback
- Interface with other functional leaders and teams in marketing, managed care, medical, human resources, and operations in order to achieve business goals
- Establish and nurture relationships with key regional prescribers and thought leaders
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience in Pharmaceutical/Medical Industry
- Must have institutional / hospital based sales experience
- Prior experience managing promotional nursing teams or institutional teams
- Previous Cardiovascular experience highly preferred
- Excellent platform skills with the ability to motivate and persuade others
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to travel overnight up to 75 percent of the time
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Ability to develop and execute plans against objectives while working in an independent environment
Benefits: At inVentiv Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance
- Competitive Compensation, Bonuses and Fleet Vehicle
- Generous Paid Time Off & Company Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Matching 401k
- Dedicated Training and support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Other personalized quality of life conveniences
inVentiv Health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
|Minimum Education Level