If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
ApplyTell A Friend
||New Jersey [NJ]
||United States [US]
||Commercial Business Information Officer
inVentiv Health is the premier provider of outsourced clinical development, launch and commercialization services to the Biopharmaceutical and Healthcare industries. inVentiv's client roster consists of more than 350 leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences and Healthcare payer companies. Over the past decade, inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
The Commercial Business Information Officer will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the Commercial Business segment, which includes Commercial, Communications, Selling Solutions, Campbell, CCC, etc (and any acquired/new commercial services functions). The CBIO will:
- Partners with senior execute leadership in the Commercial business segment to ensure technology strategy alignment and optimal service delivery.
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems Commercial BU.
- Establishes and maintains annual budgetary planning and long-range multi-year planning. Is responsible for inter-year quarterly adjustments based on actuals and company direction.
- Manages and facilitates communication between staff, firm-wide management, external partners, and other technology resources both within and outside the organization.
- Collaborates and work with infrastructure services to ensure acceptable service levels in support of the commercial business segment.
- Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects across the business segments and external partners.
- Responsible for stewarding or the creation of the technology portfolio in support of the business and ensuring the highest value investments are made with appropriate business case support.
- Lead a team of internal business facing program managers to ensure planning and delivery of segment level technology programs are being met.
- Responsible for ensuring the production in-service capabilities are actively measured and managed and achieves acceptable levels of performance. Taking action proactively based on metrics of in-service capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring service level management practices are in place and adhered to within the organization. Reporting against these levels will be critical in the future state.
- Complies with and follows all enterprise and IT guidelines.
- Develops and implements user-training programs.
The CBIO will be required to collaborate and partner with IT peers as part of an inVentiv wide IT leadership team.
- Partners with Clinical lead and takes advantage of any inVentiv wide solutions that can be leveraged across the organization. Helping to establish leveraged services at the enterprise level. Helping to participate in service strategy for the Enterprise Lead.
- Partners with the PMO Lead in the creation & evolution of IT PMO practices.
- Partners with the Quality Lead in the creation & evolution of Quality practices.
- Partners with the Compliance Lead in the creation & evolution of Compliance practices.
- Partners with the Architecture & Design Lead in supporting and implementing enterprise-wide reference architectures.
- Partners with the Infrastructure Lead in the creation & evolution of Infrastructure practices. Ensuring all infrastructure requirements are provided to Infrastructure Lead and collaborating on all infrastructure requirements to ensure they are met.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience.
Master’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration, Public Health, or Business Administration or related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of technology experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and information technology, direct management of a major IT operation is preferred.
- Significant experience in a Pharmaceutical industry is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support business goals.
- Exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment.
- Specific experience with practice management, financial management and clinical management information systems is a plus.
- General knowledge of business processes and their interrelationship gained through ten or more years of related experience.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education.
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.
- Experience in running large-scale business transformation programs.
- Experience in motivating and building high performance teams.
- Proven experience in large scale budget preparation and monitoring.
- Experience in external partner product development – meeting client expectations.
- Understanding of project management methodologies / tools and development of technology lifecycles.
- Requires leadership experience in managing large cross-functional teams and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
- Requires demonstrated ability to conceptualize, build business consensus, launch and deliver multiple technology projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and technology trends.
- Strong influencing / negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills.
|Minimum Education Level