If you wish to apply for this position please click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the listing and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please forward to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Omicron is one of the largest integrated development services, design and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of 200 architects, interior designers, engineers, building assessment experts, real estate development strategists, cost estimators, project managers, construction personnel and corporate support professionals. We provide integrated solutions for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Oil and Gas sectors from offices in Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary.
Omicron continues to be a proud member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program after re-qualifying with the program since 2009. We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are committed to delivering on our promise of creating a better experience for our clients, people and stakeholders each and every day.
||Human Resources Manager
||The HR Manager will play a key role in driving business performance outcomes linked to employee performance and employee engagement. As the sole HR professional located in Calgary, the Manager will be involved in all aspects of the employee experience for the Alberta region including on-boarding, HR operations, reward and recognition, training, performance and career management, employee communication and employee relations. The manager will work collaboratively with the Vancouver based HR Team and the AB Leadership Team to develop, promote and initiate employee programs and best practices to support business objectives, foster our culture and drive employee engagement.
• Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and professionally at all times.
• Excellent at thinking strategically, critically and objectively while identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts. An effective listener.
• Focuses on building trusting relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent judgement
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Excellent customer service orientation
• High energy and a positive, “can do” attitude
• Care passionately about creating a winning and engaging corporate culture
• Effectively communicates with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to process and detail while effectively managing multiple priorities
||Program Design and Implementation
• Contribute to the design of strategic initiatives such as performance management, career development, training, culture building and other initiatives designed to align, engage and retain employees. Drive the operational implementation and ongoing management of these initiatives within the Alberta region.
• Manage the on-boarding and orientation process and deliver components of orientation.
• Lead the AB Leadership Team through the compensation review process.
• Understand and apply HR/company policies, procedures, and practices. Provide guidance to employees and leaders.
• Manage HRIS data input and quality.
• Manage benefit enrollment and sign up.
• Act as the contact person for TimeSheet system (Replicon) basic training and queries.
• Conduct and summarize exit interviews for departing employees. Proactively review, identify turnover trends and share appropriate leadership.
• Work collaboratively with HR team to review, recommend and implement changes to HR processes and practces to increase efficiency and consistency.
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
• Provide counsel and advice to managers on performance issues up to and including employee terminations; address employee relations issues professionally and confidentially.
• Facilitate employee relations discussions and actions.
• Contribute to setting the strategy fo the HR function
• Participate as an active member of the Alberta Leadership Team
• Work collaboratively with other areas of the business to ensure the effective implementation and application of HR services and initiatives.
• Act as a trusted advisor and coach.
• Proactively stays on top of emerging trends and best practices.
||• Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field.
• CHRP designation preferred.
• Minimum 6 years as an HR professional in progressively more responsible roles with a minimum of two years as a senior generalist level
• Experience in a project based environment is an asset
• Experience in the design (architecture and consulting engineering) and/or construction industry an asset.
• Strong knowledge of current employment law and compliance requirements.
• Proven track record of success in employee data management, benefits administration, recruitment, HRIS administration and employee relations.
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing key HR programs and initiatives.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Comfortable and competent in delivering presentations.
• Experience with ADP people@work an asset.
• Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching, mentoring, and other help.
• Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
For more information, feel free to contact: David Chin, Recruitment Manager.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we encourage applicants to submit their resume in MS Word format via our online application. Thank you for your co-operation.
RECRUITMENT/AGENCY NOTICE: Omicron works directly with Associated Recruiting Management Inc. (ARM). A written service agreement must be established with ARM before any agency resumes will be accepted. Please send agency resumes to ARM for qualification and not directly to the hiring manager. Omicron will not pay any fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate if the recruitment process outlined above has not been followed.