If you wish to apply for this position please click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the listing and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please forward to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Omicron is one of the largest integrated development services, design and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of 200 architects, interior designers, engineers, building assessment experts, real estate development strategists, cost estimators, project managers, construction personnel and corporate support professionals. We provide integrated solutions for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Oil and Gas sectors from offices in Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary.
Omicron continues to be a proud member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program after re-qualifying with the program since 2009. We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are committed to delivering on our promise of creating a better experience for our clients, people and stakeholders each and every day.
||Project Clerk (Site Based)
||The primary role of the Project Clerk is to provide support to design and project managers to ensure project contract documents are executed in a timely and efficient manger while maintaining the integrity of design/build process. The Project Clerk is based on site and is responsible for assisting the administrative functions of the project.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Be organized and detail oriented.
• Analytical thinker with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Capable of managing a variety of complex project tasks simultaneously.
• Highly adaptable and professional.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Values laughter in the workplace.
||• Conduct research with municipalities (re: zoning/bylaws).
• Assist with design brief coordination.
• Assist in the completion of Permit Applications.
• Handle administration aspects of project insurance and WCB compliance requirements.
• Type drawing logs into Timberline PM tracking application.
• Coordinate and assist with tender packages.
• Coordinate Superintendent/sub-trade requirements.
• Coordinate shop drawings and review for compliance with Contract Documents.
• Liaise with all project team members.
• Attend meetings and record and distribute minutes.
• Coordinate close out documents (i.e. maintenance documents and as-built drawings).
||• Experience as a project assistant/administrator within a design and/or construction company preferred.
• Post -secondary education in related field.
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline (design/build) environment.
• Excellent computer skills, MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of MS Project and Timberline Project Management is an asset.
• Familiarity with construction sub-trade practices and work would be an asset but not required.
• Ability to read construction drawings would be an asset but not required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
For more information, feel free to contact: David Chin, Recruitment Manager.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we encourage applicants to submit their resume in MS Word format via our online application. Thank you for your co-operation.
RECRUITMENT/AGENCY NOTICE: Omicron works directly with Associated Recruiting Management Inc. (ARM). A written service agreement must be established with ARM before any agency resumes will be accepted. Please send agency resumes to ARM for qualification and not directly to the hiring manager. Omicron will not pay any fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate if the recruitment process outlined above has not been followed.