If you wish to apply for this position please click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the listing and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please forward to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Omicron is one of the largest integrated development services, design and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of 200 architects, interior designers, engineers, building assessment experts, real estate development strategists, cost estimators, project managers, construction personnel and corporate support professionals. We provide integrated solutions for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Oil and Gas sectors from offices in Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary.
Omicron continues to be a proud member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program after re-qualifying with the program since 2009. We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are committed to delivering on our promise of creating a better experience for our clients, people and stakeholders each and every day.
||Project Administrator (Design)
||The Project Administrator (PA) provides support to the project team to ensure project documents are prepared, updated and executed in a timely and efficient manner. He/she takes direction from the Senior Architect and/or Project Architect/Design Manager to coordinate all project documentation. The PA should have a thorough understanding of all phases of project delivery (SD/DD/CD/CCA) and the document requirements in each. Management of municipal correspondence, sub-consultant engagement, project minutes, client engagement letters and contracts are some of the areas where the PA’s role is essential to the successful management and delivery of project requirements. When a project is under construction, the PA will support in a very direct way the Project Architect during the Construction Contract Administration phase with site submittals (shop drawings, RFIs, SI’s, CO’s etc), site reports and general construction correspondence. Project accounting responsibilities of the Prime Consulting Architect may also require the involvement of the Project Administrator when the Prime Consultant is acting as the Payment Certifier.
The PA is well organized and detail-oriented in order to manage the collection, distribution and completiton of project documentation. The PA should have a good understanding of the phases of the project delivery process and good communication skills to work with internal team members, consultants and other stakeholders. The PA is excellent at managing multiple, concurrent tasks and is detail-oriented. The PA enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment within a team-based culture dedicated to excellence in project delivery.
• Coordinate required permit applications, project insurance and control documents
• Assist DM and CM to navigate the municipal and jurisdictional process and integrate zoning, bylaw and code requirements into design and documentation as directed
• Assist in plan and specification preparation in order to provide clear, track-able and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction
• Responsible for coordination of project documentation, which includes meeting minutes, Job Opening Form, Change Orders/Site Instructions, Owner's Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, field notices and sustainability requirements including LEED, Waste Management,
Erosion and Sediment Control and Materials Testing
• May assist CM to prepare bids including scopes of work and manage RFQ’s and bid queries
• Assist PD in the research and preparation of Design and Construction proposals
• Perform tasks according to Omicron’s process standards
Construction Contract Administration
• Coordinate site submittals (shop drawings, RFIs, SI’s, CO’s etc), site reports and other general construction correspondence
• May be involved in project accounting in the cast when the Prime Consultant is acting as the Payment Certifier
• Support in the effective archiving, record keeping and tracking of project related documentation in electronic and physical form
||• 1-5 years experience with a design firm, design-builder, general contractor, sub-contractor and/or owner’s representative
• Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment is considered an asset
• Diploma or degree in Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
• Excellent capability within Outlook, MSWord, Excel and Powerpoint
• Competent in MS Project in order to plan, track and coordinate projects
• Reading and comprehension of construction drawings in order to contribute to the design and construction process at a technical level
• Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building envelope, Timberline and contract law
considered an asset
• Provides a high level of customer focus towards team members, client, sub-trades and the general public (e.g. timely responses to others)
• Ability to develop relationships with internal and external project personnel and stakeholders
• Demonstrated initiative and positive attitude
• Deadline driven
• Possesses strong oranizational, time management and prioritization skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Knowledge of design processes and construction sub-trade practices
For more information, feel free to contact: David Chin, Recruitment Manager.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we encourage applicants to submit their resume in MS Word format via our online application. Thank you for your co-operation.
RECRUITMENT/AGENCY NOTICE: Omicron works directly with Associated Recruiting Management Inc. (ARM). A written service agreement must be established with ARM before any agency resumes will be accepted. Please send agency resumes to ARM for qualification and not directly to the hiring manager. Omicron will not pay any fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate if the recruitment process outlined above has not been followed.