Powell River Division has an immediate opening for an Operations Specialist - stock preparation and bleaching. Reporting to the manager of technical services, this position is accountable for supporting all aspects of the stock preparation and bleaching areas. Within this context, the specialist, operations stock prep and bleaching, will create high levels of involvement and accountability for results in order to maintain existing quality standards while at same time enhancing and identifying new opportunities within the department and organization as a whole.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
· Ensure operators have knowledge, experience and procedures to make product safely and efficiently to specification;
· Provide timely communication of equipment maintenance requirements;
· Maintain lock out and confined space procedures;
· Maintain operator technical training materials;
· Ensure daily operating plans are communicated and executed;
· Safely direct the activities of crew on maintenance down days;
· Provide troubleshooting expertise.
· Identify and implement cost savings opportunities
· Provide guidance and mentorship in area specific roles, processes and projects for entry level engineers
· Optimize manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives.