The Crofton Division has an immediate opening for an Engineer, Electrical Maintenance. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services, this role exists to add value through the application of Engineering to mill safety, environment, maintenance and reliability activities, improvement projects, and risk mitigation. All resulting activities will align with the components of the Catalyst Paper Operating Philosophy.
The Engineer, Maintenance Electrical is accountable for:
· Excellence in safety and environmental performance on all assignments and projects
· Maintenance and reliability engineering support for the site high voltage and mill power distribution systems including regulatory compliance program, equipment rebuilds, troubleshooting, and design improvements.
· Preparation of maintenance and reliability investment plans and spending forecasts.
· Maintenance and Improvement project development and preparation of formal funding requests. Management of approved projects and delivery on project scope, quality, schedule, and cost
· Optimization of asset preventative maintenance and reliability programs using SAP and EXP software business systems
· Optimization of mill electrical energy use with proactive activities controlling power factor and demand
· Risk assessments and development of risk mitigation plans
· Mill Electrical Operating Permit