Make a bold move for the career you have always wanted. Where your skills are valued, your goals are supported, and a balanced lifestyle comes naturally.
Based along BC’s west coast, our employees enjoy challenging careers and a relaxed pace of life close to pristine beaches and mountains, in one of Canada’s mildest climates. You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment. Your unique skills, talents and life experience will find a good home here.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Engineer, Maintenance Mechanical
Our Crofton facilities on British Columbia’s spectacular west coast are now accepting applications for a:
Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Apply your technical expertise at our FSC-certified specialty paper manufacturing facilities.
As an innovative and proactive mechanical engineer or mechanical engineering technologist, you will be part of our Technical Department aimed to support and improve plant productivity. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services, this role exists to add value through the application of Engineering to mill safety, environment, maintenance and reliability activities, improvement projects, and risk mitigation. All resulting activities will align with the components of the Catalyst Paper Operating Philosophy.
The functions of your role will include:
- Excellence in safety and environmental performance on all assignments and projects
- Maintenance and reliability engineering support for Paper Mill, Mechanical Pulping, and Foreshore including regulatory compliance program, major equipment rebuilds, troubleshooting, and design improvements.
- Preparation of maintenance investment plans and spending forecasts.
- Maintenance and Improvement project development and preparation of formal funding requests. Management of approved projects and delivery on project scope, quality, schedule, and cost
- Technical support of identified improvement initiatives
- Optimization of asset preventative maintenance and reliability programs run using SAP and EXP software business systems
- Risk assessments and development of risk mitigation plans
You have a minimum of 5 years of Maintenance, Reliability, or project experience with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and are eligible for registration with APEGBC, or hold or a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited institute. You are also a motivated self-starter equipped with solid interpersonal and analytical skills.
||Vancouver Island, BC
||British Columbia [BC]
Learn about working at CatalystView all jobs
If you would like to join us for a strong future together, and you meet the requirements above, please apply without delay. Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.