If you are interested in this job, please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Accounts Receivable Accountant
||If you're looking for the next big move in your career, this may be it! We are currently looking for a Junior Accounts Receivable accountant.
ZAG Group is a high-growth, high-energy company of big thinkers and big doers. We're long-range innovators who see where markets are going and create new product categories that become the next big wave. At ZAG Group, our purpose is “...innovating to enhance the way people experience and enjoy their lives”. An entrepreneurial and privately held business, we run multiple business units and brands ranging from natural pharmaceuticals to beverages, which sell internationally.
After 11 years of success, ZAG Group is poised to revolutionize the beverage industry with the introduction of a number of highly innovative products in some very large markets. With 75% growth three years in a row, our plans include the raising of significant growth capital, tripling of staff count, and expanding our global reach.
As the Junior Accounts Receivable Accountant you will be responsible for taking ownership in maintaining a clean AR by ensuring on-time collection of funds owing from customers and entering the data accurately in the accounting system.
||• Receiving cheques, preparing bank deposits and ensuring timely deliverance to the bank.
• Posting all cheques, wire payments and other forms of deposits in the accounting system.
• Processing all credit card orders through the merchant accounts and provide breakdown to the sales reps/clients.
• Contact clients to collect all funds owing within their terms or if upfront on sales orders.
• Follow up with clients on NSFs and arrange for collection of the funds.
• Provide daily reports to the finance manager on progress with collections and credit card processing.
• Keep an accurate and up to date record of when customer payments are due.
• Coordinate with sales rep to do background credit check of new customers or customers requesting Net terms. Ensure that the company does not enter into any unfavorable agreements with high risk customers.
||Background in credit collection an asset
||Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
High standards of confidentiality with personal and/or sensitive information
Strong ability to work under pressure
||Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and bonus potential.
Other perks of working at Zag:
• Vibrant, fast paced, entrepreneurial culture
• Engaging, casual, dog friendly office
• Fun team building activities (Day at the Beach, Day at the Racetrack, drum lessons)
• Inspiring employee contests; our last winner went to Costa Rica for a week
• Full medical and dental benefits, including travel insurance
• Paid personal days in addition to vacation time
• We close for a week at Christmas
• Education & transit subsidies