Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
The Manufacturing Tester / Repair Technician’s main responsibility is repair customer products and systems. As part of the Manufacturing team the successful candidate will also be involved in processing of sales orders which includes activities like: hardware allocation, setup of products in the customer account, hardware configuration, end-to-end testing, and building of wiring harnesses / custom assemblies.
- Visual inspections on production units to look for physical defects and abnormalities;
- Assess all hardware requirements on Sales Orders and assign from inventory the necessary hardware to be used;
- Assess hardware configuration requirements from Sales Orders and determine the appropriate configuration file that is to be used for configuring;
- Use production test equipment to load firmware onto units and test the hardware for correct operation / compliance to performance specifications;
- Work with the Technical Support department to request configuration files for new features and options;
- Execute basic and advanced troubleshooting procedures on returned products, determine best approach for repair or replacement of faulty units and process as such;
- Update internal databases with details of repairs and suspected product deficiencies;
- Prepare billing and shipping documents;
- Evaluate and refurbishing products;
- Partake in incoming quality control activities.
- 2 years of working experience in a high technology manufacturing environment;
- 2 years of troubleshooting and repairing electronic and SMT assemblies;
- Knowledge and technical skills in MS Office, Windows and database entry;
- Experience with cellular products and GPS testing is an asset.
- Good soldering skills;
- Familiar with electronic test equipment;
- Knowledge of GPS technology;
- Strong computer skills;
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills;
- Must possess the ability to read and understand electronic schematics as well as detailed instructions;
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot hardware failures and perform component replacement as needed, including usage of soldering equipment, Hot-Air tool, microscope and basic hand tools;
- Must possess the ability to clearly document test results and repair procedures performed, while maintaining an attention to detail;
- Should be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and complete them in a timely manner.
An Electronics technologist certification or diploma.