Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Manufacturing and Quality Engineer
||We are seeking a Manufacturing and Quality Engineer that can join our Manufacturing and Supply chain team. This position is responsible for the quality systems that result in the delivery of finished products which meet pre-defined standards. The successful candidate should be prepared to effectively deliver new product and product changes in accordance with product launch plans.
- Provides cross functional leadership on new product introduction, vendor selection and development, root cause quality problem resolution, product change management
- Works with the product development teams to ensure that the manufacturability and testability of all products is designed into products and processes.
- Interacts with other departments and the external supply chain to facilitate the smooth introduction of new products and ongoing provision of manufacturing documentation throughout the product life cycle. This includes managing pilot production and ramp up to full production release.
- Lead the engineering change process (ECO), chair weekly meetings and administer required documentation.
- Acting as product change controller, takes responsibility for ensuring that up-to-date product manufacturing documentation is used throughout the supply chain and the ECO process is followed.
- Design and document processes, write operator work instructions, train personnel and audit processes to ensure compliance with released manufacturing documentation.
- Provides advanced technical support for Manufacturing and RMA Teams
- Provide support to Webtech Wireless ‘s local and off shore sub-contractors
- Qualify new Vendors
- Administer and champion the corporate cost of quality program to recommend areas for continuous improvement.
- Champion continuous improvement of factory quality, yield, cost and competency and will investigate quality issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a high technology environment.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong team player with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of technology principles and is able to apply this knowledge to identify issues; works to continuously develop knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent understanding of all areas of business operations and able to effectively work with all departments within the organization in a cross function environment
- Engineering/Technical Degree