Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||Support Desk Technician
||As part of the Support Desk team, this position provides excellent customer support by managing closure of technical issues, communicating product updates, tracking, prioritizing and escalating product issues.
This role is required to work different shifts between 7:30am and 5:00pm from Monday to Friday as well as participate in 24x7x365 after hours on-call Support rotation.
- Resolve hardware and software issues with location-based services and Telematics solutions
- Build strong client relationships by providing excellent customer support
- Carry out analysis on reported problems and resolving them by using a variety of resources
- Document, track, communicate and escalate issues
- Perform remote hardware installation checks and troubleshooting
- Perform customer account provisioning and set-up
- Perform local and over-the-air hardware configuration and set-up
- Convey key concepts to engineering and product development to help define new features, product enhancements, and potential future markets
- Additional duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of work experience in Technical Support
- Knowledge and experience with remote access communications software and hardware
- Knowledge of SQL database
- Fluent in English; both written and verbal
- Fluency in French an asset
- Ability to resolve problems under time constraints with frequent interruptions
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to provide excellent customer service including responding in a timely and thorough manner and prioritizing customer needs
- Ability to learn and absorb new information, both technical and procedural
- Excellent computer and technical skills including MS Office, Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems, and Cellular networks
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or Electronics