Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Webtech Wireless is a dynamic and growing international company with an experienced and dedicated global team. If you're looking for a challenging career and a great place to work, then you've come to the right place.
We offer the opportunity to work with a motivated team, eager to master emerging technologies and build leading edge solutions. We are driven to succeed and our diversity brings creativity to that pursuit.
We offer a range of career and skill development possibilities, with competitive benefits packages, and a comfortable work environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes an employee referral program, competitive vacation allowances, healthcare benefits, and more.
||British Columbia [BC]
||The primary focus of the Repair Technician will be the testing, troubleshooting, configuration, assembly and packaging of products.
||• Processes repair activities according to the priorities as determined by the team lead;
• Troubleshoots product down to the component level (through-hole and surface-mount technology) to determine root cause, recommend corrective action and / or remedy of any malfunction, i.e. performs required repairs to return unit to its operational state;
• Tests sub-assemblies / final assemblies / systems to ensure compliance with customer requirements and per established test procedures and criteria;
• Assembles sub-assemblies / final assemblies / systems per instructions and / or manufacturing drawings;
• Performs in-process quality checks before passing processing of a product on to the next person / operation;
• Keeps team lead updated of all unresolved issues and / or challenges potentially impacting manufacturing schedules;
• Fills out test reports and defect tracking records;
• When required liaises with Engineering, Technical Support and / or customers on technical issues;
• When required assigns and performs provisioning of units;
• When required participates in IQC (incoming quality control) activities;
• Carries co-responsibility for inventory accuracy insofar as usage of inventory, documenting of usage and handling of non-conforming product are concerned;
• Provides support to the team lead and colleagues on miscellaneous assignments and / or work in other areas.
• Three years’ of working experience in a high technology manufacturing and repair environment;
• Knowledge of wireless communication systems and solid experience with cellular products and GPS testing;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience using MS Office applications;
• Demonstrated experience in an electronic manufacturing environment and be familiar with typical processes, electronic test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, meters, microscope, power supplies and test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
• Knowledge of wireless embedded GPS systems (GSM, HSPA, CDMA);
• Basic knowledge of AT command reference, Linux / Unix commands and of C / C#;
• Excellent soldering skills of through-hole and surface-mount technology components are required and experience using hot-air tools will be an asset;
• Solid experience operating hand tools and small power tools with an understanding of their use and function;
• Ability to read and interpret manufacturing or engineering prints and other aids such as schematics, illustrations and wiring diagrams;
• Ability to identify all electronic, electrical and mechanical components typically used in manufacturing and repairs of wireless and GPS products;
• Excellent finger dexterity, adept eye coordination and depth perception;
• Ability to clearly document test results and repair procedures performed ;
• Ability to work in a fast-changing dynamic environment;
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills;
• Well organized, detail oriented, dependable, reliable and proactive.
• Electrical / Computer Engineering Certificate or Diploma (Control / Telecommunications)