Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||British Columbia [BC]
The successful candidate has is able to work in an environment that is delivery focused driven environment, that encourages and embraces innovation and big ideas. He/she takes pride in the work they deliver, and is comfortable with leading by example.
|SQL database development in support of large databases and business applications. Support application projects from a database development perspective including new initiatives as well as existing efforts. Design and develop complex SQL queries and appropriate database code such as stored procedures, triggers, functions to support complex business processes. Design and implement data structures for new functionality and restructure existing data structures to increase performance, write queries and stored procedures Develop ad-hoc scripts, including cleanup scripts as needed. Participate in the resolution of production data issues. Perform code reviews, providing feedback in a timely manner. Incorporate feedback from code reviews as appropriate. Partner with product management staff on development/review of business requirements for database related projects and work with QA and Network Operations to resolve defects and issues. Participate in the review of all database schema projects; provide feedback and identify impacts to existing environment. Perform SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) development and support. Participate in release of all stored procedure projects; including release documentation. Provides data extraction services for those needing data to be input into other systems and/or off-line data analysis. Responsible for management of documentation on database architecture. Data Modeling. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of database design and implementation in a Saas or high throughput client/server environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience possible.
- Experience with Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence projects and MySQL a plus
- Not required but helpful: Experience with NoSQL databases
- Highly proficient with SQL Server and strong programming skills with SQL including complex SQL programming, stored procedures and performance tuning. Extensive knowledge of T-SQL. Solid experience with SQL tuning to improve query performance.
- Solid understanding of principles of database design and modeling as well as data quality best practices.
- Expert knowledge of stored procedure writing and best practices with proven experience writing stored procedures for maintaining data.
- Strong technical design & data analysis skills, with ability to learn new technical skills easily & troubleshoot data-related issues and errors.
- Ability to reverse engineer and understand code in support of development and troubleshooting efforts.
- Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Ability to develop work estimates and deliver on time with a high degree of quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team, providing and incorporating feedback as appropriate.
- Experience with code management systems and team collaboration tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including solid documentation skills.
- Self-starter, willing to take on challenges and responsibility with minimal direction.
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills and the desire to learn from and contribute to the project team.
- Prior DBA experience is a plus.